JUST IN Paris fights for animal rights ... her own, of course.

Paris is fighting to keep her pet ferrets, Dolce and Gabbana. It's not legal in California to keep ferrets as pets. "I don't think that's a fair law", Paris says.

Does this signal a major move into haute activism, Wannabes?

I can see it now:

Paris Hilton animal shelter-suites.

Give your outlawed anaconda a five star Hilton suite.

It's not "fair" that cute little critters should have to live in the streets with unkempt street 'people'.

Maybe Arnie will take up the cause, Paris reasons. Arnie played opposite a ferret in "Kindergarten Cop".

HILTON FIGHTS TO KEEP FERRET PETS
Socialite Paris Hilton is calling for California Governor Anold Schwarzenegger's help as she fights to keep her pet ferrets.

The hotel heiress let slip that she owns two ferrets, called Dolce and Gabbana, when she recently appeared on Jay Leno's "The Tonight Show." Californians are banned from keeping ferrets as pets.

So now, Hilton is hoping to change the law and is joining a group urging Schwarzenegger, who co-starred with a ferret in "Kindergarten Cop," to give lovers of the animals in his state a break.

She says, "I wish there was a law that ferrets were legal because I don't think that's a fair law."

The proposed law that Hilton is backing would give ferret owners amnesty for vaccinated, neutered ferrets.

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/dailydish/