WO'N's new thread Transmutational Phraseology- inquiring about the term describing a book title, or play title, which is remembered and parodied long after the book or play has taken its final bow - arrives just in time to consider the latest example of the phenomenon, Paris Hilton: Confessions of an Heiress, a Tongue in Chic Peek Behind the Pose.

Paris Hilton's voyeurography, if I may call it that, is noteworthy not only because it is the latest example of the phenomenon WO'N has identified, but also because it may set a record for achieving that status faster than any other book title in history.

Its pages are not only forgettable in relation to its cover, its pages are a cover for its cover.

In fact, "Confessions of an Heiress" isn't a book. It's a cover. What biblionym could enter the language faster than that, WO'N?

I would like to claim the distinction of being the first person, at least on AWADtalk, to parody "Paris Hilton: Confessions of an Heiress".

I plan to publish:

"Peoria Chilton: Confessions of a Heirdresser, A Peek Beneath the Couture."

Please wait for the first instalment:

"When you can wear a tiara and look this good, why wear anything else!"

Anyone know a Paris Hilton look-alike who will pose for the back cover ... which is actually the front cover featuring the pose we really want to see on Paris' front cover. [Ahem, 10% of the royalties. P.S. You only have to look like Paris from the rear, butt if you don't, no need to apply.]

At least the purchasers of my title will get what they please, instead of the tease.