I think it's important for us to know what the people in wordorigins want for fear of terrorists to mean.

Hoo, boy, as Longhorn Leghorn used to say: "It's a joke!". When I coined the word, I felt it should mean something like 'irrational fear of the bugbears', but Faldage didn't care for phobetrophobia. (I also felt that alqaedaphobia would have been preferable, because that captures the xenophobia stirred up by the current crop of terrorists that was not evident after the domestic, homespun Federal Building in Oklahoma act of terrorism. Especially, since al-qaeda is a term coined by the US Department of State and not anything that these same terrorists use, like, say, the IRA or the Tamil Tigers) I felt this caught the flavor of the current regime's in need of a change in DC pumping up of the public with the complicit help of what is politically correctly known as the "Liberal" media. Rather than work on a viable foreign policy, the current batch of good old boys in DC have chosen a tried and true method: war frenzy. But I digress. The word I settled on has a taste of 'the fear of the frighteners' which I like, and which I felt tied in with Lucretius' view of superstitions that frighten adults like children frightened of the dark. There, now you know why I coined the word. I wonder what can be said for the folks who foisted terroristphobia on us?