Well, when I wrote that it was clear and unequivocal. Perhaps I spoke a bit too soon.

I think this is what I was getting at:

If I tell you that I will visit and have something with me, I would say, "I will bring it with me." I am carrying it towards you, the person to whom the sentence is addressed. If I am leaving your presence and have something with me, I would say, "I will take it with me." I am carrying it away from you, not towards you.

I would never say, "I am taking a gift for your party." Instead I would say, "I am bringing a gift for your party." This is of course assuming that you are going to be at your party.

I guess it's so deeply ingrained in me that I don't see anything controversial about take/bring.

As to the introducing thing, it is the matter of the direct and indirect objects of the word introduce. If I say I am going to introduce the audience to the president, that means I am going to say to the president, "Mr. President, I'd like you to meet the audience. That's Joe, That's Bob, over there's Matilda, Keeshawn's the one in the red dress."

But if I say I am going to introduce the president to the audience, I am saying, "Audience, this is the President."

Think of it this way, "Gin, I am going to introduce you to the concept that there indeed may be no concepts." I'm saying, "Concept, this is Gin." Absurd, of course.

But if I say, "I am going to introduce to you the concept that there indeed may be no concepts," the meaning of the sentence is quite clear.

TEd