Hello wow,
It’s good to be back. I was a frequent reader, but very infrequent contributor to these discussions from 9/03 to 12/03. I visit here on breaks and lunch while at work. I left for a “better” job, but alas, there were no owls there, and I got the opportunity to come back here to the old workplace with improved compensation and I’m very glad I did. Same company, same dept. (QC) but a different job – busier and somewhat more interesting – this suits me. Thanks for the welcome
Minerva sounds like my kinda woman. Thanks for the reminder.
re: “I see owls when I travel. They are believed to be carriers of omens by Hawaiians. Does this mean we are related?”, Did you notice that wow is half of the letters of Owlbow? I wouldn’t be surprised if we were. Flash!: Last night 4AM 16th, just outside my window, an owl screamed and than made some nicer sounds just after. Although I’m a light sleeper, it woke me with a start. I’m not sure what kind of owl it was – Screech, Barn, Barred? – but I hope it’s wasn’t a message for me, especially since my birthday was 15th. I’m not scared yet, but I’m wary (and weary too)
Hi AnnaStrophic,
re: carriers of letters Gives new meaning to “going postal”?
Yo Jheem,
re: I thought it was a comment on the Ox-Bow Incident at Owl Creek Bridge ‘really good & interesting guess, but I’m glad I wasn’t there, and re:. … for our quatorze juilletiers, La Rivière du hibou. I must admit that I’m not sure what this means. Why was the river full of owls on the 14th? Does it have anything to do with Bastille Day? Excuse my ignorance.
Thank you all