Thanks to Jackie for posting all of the verses of the song. I knew them all! [Right-on Emoticon]. Others on the board obviously do, too.

Alan Sherman can have had no idea the effect his song would have on a ten-year-old boy in New Zealand when he released it. I first heard it as a live performance on the radio and thought it was hilarious.

I asked my mum what the camp in the song was all about. I knew about Boy Scout camps and Health Camps (if you want to know about these, ask privately). She said it was something some American kids did during their summer break, and if I wanted to know more I should find out about it.

So I went to the public library (a very good one even today) and learned how to use the index, asked the librarians a few questions and eventually found something (can't remember what, precisely) that explained it all. Very strange, I remember thinking. I also learned that Americans don't have their long school break during December-January, and why.

This was the first time that I remember where I actively had to go and find out something that I wanted to know - rather than just ask my parents or teacher.

Thanks Alan Sherman - you changed my life!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...