I have to admit. I am more than a little concerned about my status as an addict. It starts to become a problem when one's AWAD life starts to "leak" into real life.

I had a very enjoyable evening wrecked by an argument about tidal waves, bores and those waves beginning with tsu (tsunami - I L'dIU). The difficulty is the person who is convinced that they are right. I really wanted to get out my laptop, and look it up for him. Alternatively, laptops do make effective but expensive projectiles.

I had dinner with some old friends recently. I hadn't seen them for years. The Spanish translation for a dish on the menu was "throat of tuna". You can imagine! I started to discuss what people think of when they hear the word throat - front, back etc. I was just mentioning the phrase "Pearls at her throat", I hadn't even got as far as Pearl the singer when a friend looked at me aghast and said "How did we get onto that subject!". Before I had chance to explain, another friend chimed in "don't worry, she does throw the weirdest things into conversation, we just leave her to get on with it for a while". I had no idea that I was being merely "tolerated"!

Is there a Betty Ford Clinic for logophiles? Or are we into the realms of logoleptia, logomachy or just logorrhea?