It seems to me that the main requirement is a respect for discourse. This necessarily entails a respect for those engaged in it.

I am happy to continue this discourse because of the high quality of your own discourse, and because I happen to believe whole-heartedly in your analysis of the "main requirement" for healthy discourse.

You don't wish to explore the origins of my own grievances as "Grapho", and that is perfectly understandable, but my respect for this "main requirement" was genuine and complete until it was disrespected by a predictable source.

I have put that predictable source on notice before that their disrespect will be respected in kind.

That is only fair, inselpeter.

People who expect respect have to give it in return, and that goes not only for me, but even for those who have a built-in cheering section around here.

I can give you chapter and verse on how this all got started, but I doubt you want to hear it.

Nonetheless, if it will help to clear the air, I will be happy to do it.

Frankly, I am reluctant to leave, AWADtalk, not only because I have enormous respect, even affection, for some of the people who are posting here, but also because I am loath to give the "predictable source" the intense satisfaction of seeing me gone.

It happens that I have no axe to grind with anyone around here, and I would sooner post to all without exception with respect.

I ask for respect, just as you do, but I will axe disrespect just as gladly, just as you would.