The "principle" I am referring to, RhubarbCommando, runs a lot deeper than the adjudication of "word games" and the like.

That is only a symptom.

There was a lot more than tea thrown overboard at "the Boston Tea Party".

People, not just Grapho, resent entrenched privilege, which is sometimes benign, but oftimes capricious and arbitrary and always pretentious.

I do not need to lecture you or anyone else here on AWADtalk on the lessons of history.

If AWADtalk were a closed society, or a private club, then surely no-one would have any right to question the ruling elite.

But AWADtalk holds itself out to be more than that, even more than other Chat Rooms on the Internet. I know. I heard the vision expressed when I joined AWADtalk for the first time, as have many others.

There is no point in saying that there is no ruling elite here.

Some people close to the throne have even acknowledged it implicitly by arguing that newcomers have the opportunity to earn their way into the embrace of the privileged few.

How do they earn it, do you suppose?

In the old fashioned way, Rhubarb Commando, by paying court to the court.

Of course, this is not a concern, nor will it ever be a concern, for those who are part of the court, or for those who are prepared to demonstrate that they are congenial to the noble sensibilities of the court.

Ah, there's the rub.

Who are the "nobles" who possess these "noble sensibilities"?

How many people who have no use for "nobles" simply sniff the aroma of privilege around this place and depart, leaving the nobles to purr and pat and stroke their self-contented nobility?

We all enjoy privilege, Rhubarb Commando.

That's why no-one ever wants to let go of it.

Best Regards.