Er, perhaps you should SEE "Shakespeare in Love" before screening it for a bunch of ninth-graders. WW works in a rural area of Virginia, and my guess is she'd be the subject of Gibson;s next movie, the Passion of the English Teacher.

While I consider the love-making scenes to be very tasteful, and while I think Gwynneth Paltrow is very nicely shaped, I doubt very much that WW is going to want to show it to her kids.

Speaking of Shakespeare, though, I just read a fascinating book of short stories, edited by Anne Perry, entitled Much Ado About Murder. It's a collection of short murder mystery stories with the common theme of Shakespeare and his plays. The most fascinating one is entitled The Serpent's Tooth (warning: DO NOT read the following if you intend to read the book, since it gives away one of the stories."

The author concludes that Shakespeare was poisoned by his daughter and son-in-law, and that he knew this was happening, so he wrote his epitaph to accuse them of the crime; his epitaph anagrams to:

Susanna and John Hall murdered me, Good Shakespeare. Curst be ye to rest my bones. For Best be ye to digg the stones.

TEd
Ted

TEd