whoo! hold your horses!
grapho... you started to type with out your brain being in gear!
[mild rant]
you said;In my personal opinion [which is more or less the kiss of death around here, as we all know], there ought to be some sort of committee made up by random selection, or at least with members rotating, to provide some kind of objective oversight and ultimate judgment about new words under discussion.
Italics:
a committee? are you really suggesting a committee for something as important as our language? good grief, you should hung, shot, drawn and quartered for making that suggestion!
Bold:
made up of random selection? what do you think this whole internet thing is? Raju is new, and so i Jomama, and the Rev. Ali, Deborah James, to name a few, and many other new names have popped up in the past few weeks. and some old, but seldom seen names are making an appearence (Hi Nancy!) -- this place is random. there are lurkers, like nancy, (who delurks every once in awhile to to let us know she is still lurking!) who pop in with a comment every once in a while, and new members, who join, because of article, or a friend, or what ever. sure, you can count on me, and jackie, and others to regularly comment, but god knows, jackie and i are often chalk and cheese.. we like each other, but often have very different ideas about what is right, or good, or proper.. and there are thread that bore me, and i just don't do much but glance at them.. so even being a regular doesn't mean i --or anyone else is going to weigh in with an opinion for sure. and IMPersonalO, i don't think anyones opinion is more important or less important... i can (and have!) made some bloopers, and come up with some dumb ideas. and sure as god made little green apples, i don't think your opinion is 'the kiss of death'-nor do i think it has anymore value than mine!

The person who creates the challenge, in this case raju, should not be the ultimate judge because they are asking for community involvement and they should expect to hear the community judgment, whether or not they happen to like it. [In the end, they are free to use any word they like for their own personal purposes, of course.]

Italics:
Excuse me, but i shouldn't be the ultimate judge of the best word for me to use? then who should be? YOU? Ha, over my dead body. i am a strong supporter of the US bill of rights, and you might not be a US citizen, but I am, and i have the right to free speach. I get to decide (for better or worse) the words i use.. some times that includes the standard 4 letters words, sometimes, it included more high fulooting words, but i don't think you are going to get many to agree, someone else should judge the best word! We all decide for our selves, and in the end, this board decides nothing. words live and die of their own accord.. we can nurture a few, but they must be able to survive on their own. all the cute words my kids made up are worth nothing, unless, everyone, --or at least a large portion--of the english speaking world hears them, likes them too, and adopts them for their own personal use.

The random selection, or rotating membership approach should help to break up the clusters of collegiality (at least temporarily) which inevitably form in a forum like AWAD.

Huh? there are always new members, and sometimes, members, leave and sometimes, their leaving is call to action, and to changed behavior. sometimes new members stay, and by staying they change this place. but to forcible, in effect silences members (simple because they have too much time on there hands, and post here very often!) is not the best way to run this place or any place!

goodness knows, if we placed limits on the number of post a person could post in a hour, day, week, month or year, you might well be one to reach the limit earlier rather than later than most!

we could just change our names, and post under various names, i could use up my quota as of troy, and come back queen of the F'in universe, but three or four typo's into a post, a few to many elipsis, ... or one to many of course's, and everyone would know exactly who the queen was!

what purpose would it serve?

ok, rant over!