Re: the 'new' icon not appearing when you go to Show All: yes, I did notice; and, when you come back from Show All, they haven't gone away on your Index screen. You have to go to the page they're on to make that happen. And when a thread runs to several pages, quite often for me the screen won't change from page one to say, page 8. I get that "cannot be displayed" thing. I've learned to baby it along, though this takes time. It will nearly always go from page one to number four. I've never gotten it to go from say, 4 to 8 or 9. I have to go from 4 to 5, 5 to 6, etc., but it will get there this way.

Speaking of time--I find, to my dismay, that in simply trying to be sure I'm getting to everything, I am missing some of the subtleties. For instance, I just now on the second reading caught tsuwm's wordplay: CK nayed: Rubbish. Absolute piffle, Rhu. The bloody [talking] horse was a bay gelding. And it took a private reminder (thank you) to associate 'the whole chicken' with the other thread on kinkiness. Augh--I love stuff like that; it's one of the best things about this place! P'raps I should seek some of Helen's bitter acorns and eat them.
Lovely story, my friend.

Speaking of frustrations: if anyone can tell me how not to lose a typing-screen window when I change screens, I sure would appreciate it. I have learned that if I stick to the back and forward arrows, I can get back to my typing ok, but if I click the back arrow to say, page three, and then have to click on the number two to go to that page,
I cannot get my typing back. I've learned to hit copy
aforehand if I think this might happen--guess how.

Father Steve is about, on good works, no doubt.
Glad to see xara back!