|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
Register Log In
How fortunate it is that mercury does not cause significant toxicity.
Is that said with tongue in dental work, wwh?
Check out this story, titled "States battle mercury levels", in today's Detroit News:
"Mercury is a naturally occurring metal that becomes a toxic pollutant when released into the air, water and soil by human activity. Exposure at high levels can damage the brain, kidneys and developing fetuses.
People are most directly exposed by eating contaminated fish. Mercury accumulates in fish after rain washes emissions into waterways."
If mercury is dangerous when it is ingested by eating contaminated fish, why is it not dangerous to ingest mercury from a filing?
Fillings wear out and sometimes break. What happens to the mercury in those fillings? How is this any different than eating a fish contaminated with mercury?
Entire Thread Subject Posted By Posted amalgam wwh 02/14/04 08:40 PM Re: amalgam belMarduk 02/15/04 04:10 PM Re: amalgam Father Steve 02/15/04 08:57 PM Re: amalgam wwh 02/15/04 09:16 PM Mad as a hatter Father Steve 02/15/04 09:37 PM Re: amalgam grapho 02/15/04 10:44 PM Re: amalgam wwh 02/15/04 11:17 PM
Moderated by Jackie
Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics Forums16Topics13,904Posts227,968Members9,146 Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members rexdee, gypsydancer, Astrostu, Chaske, ApophaticAxiom
9,146 Registered Users
Who's Online Now 0 members (), 103 guests, and 4 robots. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days) A C Bowden 23LukeJavan8 13
Top Posters wwh 13,858Faldage 13,803Jackie 11,613tsuwm 10,542LukeJavan8 9,797wofahulicodoc 9,641Buffalo Shrdlu 7,210AnnaStrophic 6,511Wordwind 6,296of troy 5,400
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · Wordsmith.org