Capfka,
I stand corrected. I was not aware that India was never a part of the Sumerian empire. The information that I have consists of the following where in during the 5th millennium B.C. people known as the Ubaidians established settlements in the region known later as Sumer; these settlements gradually developed into the chief Sumerian cities, namely Adab, Eridu, Isin, Kish, Kullab, Lagash, Larsa, Nippur, and Ur. Several centuries later, as the Ubaidian settlers prospered, Semites from Syrian and Arabian deserts began to infiltrate, both as peaceful immigrants and as raiders in a quest of booty. After about 3250 B.C., another people migrated from its homeland, located probably northeast of Mesopotamia, and began to intermarry with the native population. The newcomers, who became known as Sumerians, spoke an agglutinative language unrelated apparently to any other known language.

The information I had concerning India being a part of the empire was supplied to my via a professor of ancient history up at the local university. I do believe I will give him a call and have a discussion with him concerning this, hopefully I will leave with an understanding as to what his reasons behind his belief are.

Rev. Alimae

Rev. Alimae