It is 28 Degrees (F) and snowing in Seattle, while Miami enjoys a midday temperature of 81. Do we have a correspondent in Miami?

Despite the fact that the Feast of the Epiphany is not until Tuesday next, my sweet bride insists that today is the day to "undecorate" the tree. This is because the Boy Scouts have a tree-cycling station set up at the grocery store nearby where they will cart away -- and grind into mulch -- the ridiculously-expensive tree which has graced the living room these past weeks. Sacred tradition requires that the tree remain "up" until Epiphany; sacred tradition sometimes has to be bend to accommodate local (and familial) exigencies.

I responded, deflecting the full force of her edict, that "undecorate" is not a word. She asked, "If not, then how does one described, in a single word, the process of removing decorations from a Christmas tree?"

I tried on denude -- sounds too much like removing the needles from the Noble Fir.

I tried on disassemble -- sounds too much like taking the branches off.

Is there a single English verb which describes the process of removing the ornaments, chains, balls and tinsel from a Christmas tree?