I see now that this four-part exam is not aimed exclusively at algebra students. I was confused before, but then, I'm easily confused.

No. You were confused right the first time. This assignment is being given by the algebra teacher exclusively. The other teachers are not involved. The grade will be only for algebra, and nothing else.

What I'm saying is that IF it had been for several classes with part 1 being for the science classes, part 2 for the history class, part 3 for the math, part 4 for creative writing, THEN this assignment(s) would make a lot more sense and the demands on students' time would be more reasonable.

I'm not sure what the point of II is, though. Maybe
that's a history thing instead of an English thing.

The history of a chicken bone?

I don't know. I'm trying to see things from their perspective. As pissed off as I am, I still have to believe the teacher isn't an idiot and that there was some reason for this thing. I need to read the assignment in more detail, but I think the chicken bone is supposed to represent a mummy - maybe they're even trying to turn it into a mummy of sorts. They have to make daily entries where they "become the chicken bone." And they can't write the things all at once. They have to go through this thing on a daily basis. I dunno. Maybe it's archaeology.

Oh, and what does GT stand for?

Gifted and Talented - which to my mind conveys a bit of unintentional irony.

k