there is some evidence that ancient egyptians used to divide in half, (act on remainder(1 or 0) which is form of binary mathmatics.. its rather interesting-- a varient of casting out 9's a way of 'proving' a sum that i learned as a child.--details are available.
this could be a very useful -- its about number/bases..and understanding relationships..(between 9 in a decimal based numbering system, and 1 in a binary based system.)

--there are innovative ways of teaching math.. look at
Woollythoughts (can't remember if its a dot com or dot org... is run by 2 teachers in UK who use patterns in knitting to show common denominators, sequences, symetery, patterning, 'set theory' and other interesting mathmatical concepts --that can be made visual ..(again i can get more info if you want) (but they don't expect the kids to develop them, themselves)so arts(and arts and crafts) can be useful to learning math.... maybe you and your daughter could do something similary (the web page has great images..and some could be 'constructed' with paper and glue, rather than being knit..
(but unless this is being taught parts 3 and 4 are a bit suspicious..) still, she could do any arties project that is not idiotic, and still meets requirements for part 4 --not the question about the egyptian gods, but one of the other questions..

oh, yeah, in hierogliphics, the eye of hora is a gliph that means 1, or a whole, completeness-- and different parts of the image, or parts of the gliph, are used to express fractions.. so learning about gliphs, and the egyption concept of gods, does play into math --(not in a very practical way, but..)
my parents made math practical.. (when i complained knowing a formula for area was useless,i'd never need to use it they asked me how to figure out how many rolls of wall paper where needed to cover the walls in my bedroom..

math can be taught as a skill to solve practical problems..

but my parents (mother especially) had a great deal of difficulty with many of the concepts of new math, (number theory, set theory, non-euclidian geometry, and other stuff i was learning.. she wanted to know why i couldn't sum large numbers in my head...or figure out sales tax and add in my head. (i do these things now... but i didn't as a kid). there might be some value to the projects..(but its hard to fathom!) i would talk to teacher.

i like math now because i learned interesting concepts, (and eventually to figure out 8.25% tax on a sales total, and to sum it mentally).