FWIW, I found the original film treatment of Walter Lord's A Night To Remember far superior to the over-Oscared yarn...the latter I found watchable, however. Although I saw it at a theatre with a red EXIT sign blaring through the custom-mounted oversized screen.

FWIW, Bergman's The Seventh Seal, which I saw when I was 24, is one film I wish I had never seen. While classic tragedy like O'Neill or the Greeks ultimately affirms, raises life as it is, through, at least, the eye of nobility, The Seventh Seal left me exhausted in a mire of depressive nihilistic meaningless, so crushing that I actually didn't even feel like going out with two young French Canadian women (hi Bel! ) my brother had arranged a date with for us that night. It was so dark and depressing I still cringe when I thnk about that film to this day. I'd advise anyone to put Bergman's The Seventh Seal on your emphatic don't-see list. In fact, avoid it like the Plague. [that's an inside joke for those of you who've had the misfortune to see it]