I'm guessing you all know of the knot puzzle
**plagarise and paste from wordways**
Word worms and knots

A word can be diagrammed in three-dimensional space by identifying its letters with vectors, each pointing in a different direction; each word thus becomes a segmented worm twisting through space. If one considers the three-dimensional lattice of points with integer coordinates, then, by a stroke of luck, there are 26 directions by which one can step from one point to another adjacent one (whose coordinates differ by at most one from the previous point). We can identify these 26 directions with the letters of the alphabet as in the diagram below:

A B C J K L R S T

D E F M * N U V W

G H I O P Q X Y Z

A small number of word worms such as ANY, ROIL and DISINGENUOUSNESS form closed loops, returning to their starting points. Some closed loops (such as the non-word TYDBNYRDI or the two-word "phrase" YO ELUVIAL) actually manage to tie a knot in space. It has been proven that nine letters is the minimum needed to form a knot, but so far no one has found a single word that by itself ties a knot. Does one exist? Large word lists have been searched by computer without finding one, so it won't be easy! Perhaps in another language?
**/plagarise and paste**

is it saying that you should search through words and then plot the course? can you assign vectors yourself? d'you reckon you can plot knot courses to generate strings of letters and then make words out of the letters anagram stylee? AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH, my brain is melting. I reckon it should be possible to write a simple program that can generate nine point knots. Assigning letter values to the points has got to be possible. What do you all think?