i have an electic kettle--looks sort of like the one Judy and Lionell have--As Time Goes By-but shorter

but most of us have 4 burner stoves (and many have 6 burner stoves!) and Microwave ovens, and coffee machines, and few of us drink tea (i occationally drink ice tea, but drink hot tea only if forced to!)

More than not having kettle, many in USer's don't have tea pots!--Certainly tea drinkers usually do, but even many tea drinkers just make tea by the cup, using tea bags. when they are on sale, they cost about a US penny a apeice, and they are used once or twice, and discarded..

i grew up in a tea drinking house, so i have several tea pots, and friend who drink tea, are surprised and delighted when i make a pot of tea for them (in a two cup tea pot, just using tea bags!) at least 2 do not have tea pots in there own homes! --which i think is weird! if you are going to drink tea, you should brew it by the pot! and not by the cup!

electic tea kettles can often be found in offices, where there might be plenty of outlets, but no stove. (but often there is a microwave oven, and people heat water in the Microwave.)