"Me mam is down the bingo / And the old man's out of town / They said that I could party so I called my mates around / I spot a little diamond in the corner on her own / The lads all tried it on but end up with their fuses blown / So then she eyes me bottle in a way that I condone / So while the parties raving I stepped in with some old chat / and let her (?) my pint of milk because its cool for cats/ COOL FOR CATS".

milk ad 1991, I was eight or nine when his was on telly so the lyrics may be slightly different but i suspect not somehow . do you know what the most insidious side effect of these ads that change the lyrics to a popular song is? whenever you hear the original song, the ad pops up in your head. Poor me ( Israelites) will always be "Oh-oh, Vitalite" to me, and Don't worry be happy will always go in my mind " If you're all twisted up with nervous tension/ about choosing your ideal pension/ don't worry/ be happy". I thnk this only really works if you hear the ad before you hear the original which means you are probably a child. it scares me to think how much adverts shape a childs world view. I know that my speech patterns and thought processes have been moulded in some way by a man in red braces whos job is thinking up new and exciting ways to sell pension plans. Since thinking about this more I have noticed that friends of mine who are of a similar age to me are much more likely to use soundbites and ad jargon to describe a new thing than older friends. "I found this great new website today. you trade celebrities online in a stockmarket, the more news coverage they get, the higher their dividend is. the higher the share price goes, the more money you make. you can even enter the weekly competition, the best trader wins £100! check it out, we're all hooked. http:// http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/" what do you reckon, advert or genuine email, sadly, this is how I communicate with my friends, ooh it's a crazy world and no mistake, do you reckon all countries should ban advertising to the under twelves like Sweden or do you think there are positive aspects to this perpetual bombardment (like an ability to communicate in a concise and upbeat manner perhaps)