Another post got me thinking on this one, how many ad slogans do we carry around with us? How much precious grey matter is being taken up with the words to the milk song and similar. Here are a few that spring to mind immediately

beanz meanz heinz
get a life, get a dishwasher ( British Gas , I don't know why, it was in the eighties and I was very small)
only smarties have the answer
in't milk brilliant
a mars a day helps you work rest and play
the car in front is a toyota
everything we do is driven by you ( Ford)
new thinking new drinking ( Fruit Shoots)
you know when you've been tangoed ( Tango)
the stars will always shine the birds will always sing as long as there is thirst there's always the real thing ( Coke)
image is nothing thirst is everything ( Sprite)
just do it ( Nike)
only the crumbliest flakiest chocolate tastes like chocolate never tasted before ( Flake)
give the dog a phone ( Churchill)
konica colours are calling me
the worlds favourite airline ( BA)
ask frank ( drugs advice for kids)
bellys gonna get ya bellys gonna get ya BELLY BELLY BELL-EY BELLY BELLY BELL-EY (Addidas)
it's cool for cats(milk)
Accrington Stanley, who the ell are they? exactly! (milk again)
taste the rainbow ( Skittles)
good things come to those who ...wait ( Guinness)

that took about five minutes, and I know there are a hundred more in there, i wonder why some stick and some don't Looking over that list there is an awful lot of junk food, and long running adverts tha haven't switched their slogan for probably my whole life. A few of them are from good adverts, the ones that catch your attention or make you smile ( addidas, smarties, tango, milk and guinness) the rest of them are pretty dire corporate power chord fests. I think it is the relentlessness of the message rather than the quality of the pitch that got them up there. Erm, I'm no quie sure what my point is if any, i would be interested to see what five minutes of your time throws up i spose. i have to stop typing now cos the t on my keyboard is going and it's driving me insane.