Capitalism is ultimately corrupt because in order to perpetuate itself it needs a validation which it can't promote from within

No idea what this means or how that makes capitalism any worse than any other economic system.

it has to coerce the human condition into thinking *capitalism feels good

Likewise.

and I think both that movie and that book sucks , so there goes your theory...

No. I made no statement that all those who dislike capitalism will like this book and this movie - not that everyone who dislikes C would like them, but that they'd be prone to liking them.

I think I'd be a bit more apt to allow for others' ability to absorb information in varying degrees before ignoring the snobery of such a position or tuning a blind eye to the creation of standards that say "there are those that CAN learn and then there are those that CAN'T".

I don't think there's anything snobbish in what Pope said. Nor do I follow the point. I wasn't even aware there were standards that said there are those who can learn and those who can't. Nor do I know who is turning a blind eye to such standards - as I'm not even aware of them.

Well, I guess Jackie did ask for an opinion... but don't group "the rest of English speaking humanity" with your opinion..

No. She's doing fine, regardless of whether one thinks her choice is a great book. It may not be among the best books ever written. But as I said before, I'm sure it's better than the typical romance, self-help, or mystical insight nonsense that's available ad nauseum on book shelves. She could have done a lot worse.

That's what we need - another person defining what "the norm" is or should be for everyone... living up to your *handle on porpoise?

I'm not defining anything. I observe and draw conclusions. I don't conclude, for example, that most people are incapable of understanding topology (beautiful subject though it is) - only that most people aren't going to enjoy it. If we made that the entry point, we would likewise have few readers.

I assume most people are capable of understanding most things they're willing to put the effort into understanding.

k