Ulyssean - I find it risible that Scripps-Howard says Ulysses was the hero of Homer’s Odyssey. I wonder why the Romans changed his name from the Greek Oddysseus to Latin Ulysses.

umbelliferous
Definition:
\Um`bel*lif"er*ous\, a. [Umbel + -ferous: cf. F.
ombillif[`e]re.] (Bot.)
(a) Producing umbels.
(b) Of or pertaining to a natural order ({Umbellifer[ae]}) of
plants, of which the parsley, carrot, parsnip, and fennel
are well-known examples.

umber 1
n.
5Fr (terre d‘)ombre < It (terra d‘)ombra, lit., (earth of) shade, prob. < L umbra, a shade, shadow (but based on ? UMBRIA)6
1 a kind of earth containing oxides of manganese and iron, used as a pigment: raw umber is yellowish-brown; burnt, or calcined, umber is reddish-brown
2 a yellowish-brown or reddish-brown color
adj.
of the color of raw umber or burnt umber
vt.
to color with or as with umber

umber 2
n.
5ME < OFr umbre (Fr ombre) < L umbra: see prec.6
1 [Now Dial.] shade; shadow
2 a common European grayling (Thymallus thymallus)

umbrous - one dictionary says “shady” dozens of sites selling hamster appear to call it “creamy”

umland - apparently a German word, equivalent to “environs”

umpaty, unadulterated, unanimously, unappreciative, unchangeable,

uncinus - biology, a small hooklike process

uncomplimentary, unconscionable, uncrystallized,

unctuous
adj.
5ME < ML unctuosus, greasy < L unctum, ointment < ungere, to anoint: see UNGUENT6
1 a) of, like, or characteristic of an ointment or unguent; oily or greasy b) made up of or containing fat or oil
2 like oil, soap, or grease to the touch: said of certain minerals
3 soft and rich: said of soil
4 plastic; moldable
5 characterized by a smug, smooth pretense of spiritual feeling, fervor, or earnestness, as in seeking to persuade; too suave or oily in speech or manner
unc#tu[os4i[ty 739s4! tc8 or unc4tu[ous[ness
n.
unc4tu[ous[ly
adv.

uncurl, underestimate, underlineation, underscore, understand,understudy, underterred, undulating, unearth, unembroidered, unencombered, unenviable, unequivocal, uneventful, unfasten, unfavorable, unfilial, unfinished, unforeseeable, ungenteel, unguerdoned