I'll leave that "pig's ear" crack up to you... however... just this once...

James asks if anyone knows the origin of the expression "Gone for a burton", meaning not working or no longer with us.

John wrote that he heard the following on the radio: When a corpse was laid out for burial it was normal practice to dress the body in their best clothes. Typically it was their suit from Montague Burtons. Hence anyone who had died was described as having gone for a Burton.

Lee comments: The phrase "Gone for a Burton" derives from a pre-war advertising poster campaign for beer - Burton's best bitter - which showed a crowded workplace with someone obviously missing. The strapline was: "He's gone for a Burton", implying the person had skipped off down the pub for a quick pint.

In World War Two, during the Battle of Britain, the phrase was revived by RAF officers as a piece of black humour. Noticing blank spaces at their mess tables in the evening the RAF types would joke of their lost comrades: "He's gone for a Burton".

It later came to be applied to any situation where something was either missing or broken or busted.
emphasis mine

http://www.aldertons.com/question.htm

I'm not gonna make things THAT *difficult... "out of context" on the other hand...

The second line'll have to fend for itself!