Dear WW: I looked up "cepahalopod" and was surprised to find they are in the phylum Mollusca. I looked up "molluck"
and got another surprise.
mol[lusk 7m9l4!sk8
n.
5Fr mollusque < ModL Mollusca, coined by CUVIER < L mollusca, a soft-shelled nut < molluscus, soft < mollis: see MOLLIFY6 any of a large phylum (Mollusca) of invertebrate animals, including the chitons, gastropods, cephalopods, scaphopods, and bivalves characterized by a soft, unsegmented body, typically enclosed wholly or in part in a mantle and a calcareous shell, and usually having gills and a foot
mol[lus[kan 7m! lus4k!n8
adj., n.
So I looked up scaphopod:
scaphopod
n.
5< Gr skaphos, a ship (see prec.) + 3POD6 any of a class (Scaphopoda) of mollusks that live in muddy or sandy sea bottoms and have slightly curved, tubular shells open at both ends with a long, pointed, protrusile foot at the larger end

That reminded me of scaphoid,one of the small wrist bones:
scaphoid
adj., n.
5ModL scaphoides < Gr skaphoeidcs < skaphos, boat, hollow shell (< base of skaptein, to hollow out < IE base *(s)kap3, to split, hollow out > SHAPE) + 3eides, 3OID6 NAVICULAR

And then, since "navicular" means like a boat, I had light turn on in my foggy brain:
that scaphoid must have the root that gave us "skiff", whih is a boat, such as a rowboat. My dictionary doesn't verify this, but I'll kiss a pig if I'm wrong.