I want to agree with Anna : " Y'all 're wrong about the pronunciation ".

The happiest years of my life were spent in the Province of Quebec , a beautiful place with

great contradictions.

Quebecois is often pronounced Qua Bec Kwah ...the K sounded. The phonological features of French

spoken in Quebec differs from area to area within the province and is sometimes at odds

with French of France.

To the to real Quebecois it is Ke Bec Kwah and not Qua Bec Kwah.

In the Pronciation phonitique de l'alphabet francais.....qu is pronounced like "k" the

"u" is not pronounced.

I say 'real' because they differentiate themselves or more appropriately, Seperate themselves

among themselves. If Rene Levesque , Jean Chretien , Jean Drapeau , Pierre Trudeau and

Robert Bourassa were in a building , you'll probably find the latter two somewhere out on

the portico with the others hudled around the fire speaking Joual...these fine gentlemen..all

Quebecers are regarded differently among themselves based on speech patterns.

To emphasize the point , a controversial book came out [don't remember name or author] in the mid

seventies that said ....and I paraphrase....that to be born in Quebec and to have a french

sounding name doesn't make you a Quebecer...rather it is the nasal and phonological speech

pattern that you have.......and to crown it all ....you have to be born with it. Bonjour