Yelled at Jazz (?!) - come on, more like being mauled by a dead sheep. If you want to come out with fighting talk then you have to accept that others might like to assert their point of view too. I'm perfectly happy to accept that you don't like programmes like "Keeping Up Appearances", I'm not over keen on it either. I can't bear to be in the same room as "Are You Being Served?", having had to endure it in the seventies, it's probably a post PC throwback show.

I know what you are saying about production values, I was just offering the other side. [Actually it can get much worse - my long-suffering American friend was apalled by "Changing Rooms" - one of the biggest hits of the last couple of years "You watch decorating shows in prime time?!", she said!]

In general I thought the replies were pretty mild (particularly since bel is still recoving from the suggestion that we encourage the invasion of Quebec).
Tsuwm and I have been trading much worse insults for ages (fortunately his choice of words are so obscure that I generally don't understand them)!