Grrr . . . I can't say anything without getting yelled at. Maybe I should just stop posting. The English that I think obviously has slightly different connotations than what actually gets written down.

I was in no manner intending to insult British television. My main questions was whether or not those shows were currently running in England because, for some twisted reason in my head, the quality of the recordings looks similar to those of older American shows. Perhaps it's just me, but the camera angles and sets look considerably different. My mention of Hollywood was simply stating that we have the largest media center in the world that has so much money and competition.

Obviously, "bland" was the wrong term. We've already discussed the differences between American and British humor, and it was pointed out that many Americans find British humor bland or strange. I'm sure the converse is true in the UK. I rather enjoy Monty Python. "The Search for the Holy Grail" is very popular in the US. I personally don't care much for "Keeping Up Appearances" simply because I find it quite odd, and "Are You Being Served" is definitely more liberally sex related than American sit-coms.

I definitely don't care for aspersions calling me simple-minded or immature. If those are true, then why am I here? I'd have to say that I watch more intellectual television than most people.