Those Scripps-Howard people have some funny ideas about “Words Appearing Infrequently” look how this page starts: riflery, rightful,rightless,rigid,rigidty, rigidly, Then they go way out in left field with a catcher’s glove”
rimur
III: BRAGIR
Rimur metres consist of four, three or two trochaic lines connected with alliterations and rhymes. The length of the foot is fixed; therefore a metrical syllable may occasionally be split into two text syllables without affecting the length of the line. The four-line metres are a combination of two couplets with four stressed syllables in the first line of each, and two such syllables (first and third, second and third, or third and fourth) alliterate with the first stressed syllable of the second line. The following couplet can serve as an illustration:
Hlægi snauir t ára t afli
t eflist fléttist gróurinn.

I can’t even tell what language that is.
Then Dutch - rijstafel

Then Italian: rinforzando

Then, by God, Flemish
rippling - having fretted or highl;y ruffled surface
risible,risque,,ritardando,ritual, rivalrous,riverfront,riviera,rivulaose (some damned sugar)roadrunner (beep,beep)
roadworth, robber, robbery, robin (now there’s an infrequently used word!)

Hang out the flag! a genuinely infrequently used word, worth knowing, if I knew how to tell one when I see it.
roble e pronounced like long “a”
n.
5AmSp < Sp, oak < L robur, hard variety of oak: see ROBUST6 any of several oak trees of the SW U.S.; esp., a tall, white oak (Quercus lobata) of California

robot,rocky,roe,

Roentgenology - science of X-rays, and eponymic

roey - a family name

rogation
n.
5ME rogacioun < L rogatio, question, in LL(Ec), prayer, entreaty < rogare, to ask, orig., to stretch out the hand; akin to regere: see RIGHT6
1 Eccles. solemn ceremonial petitioning, specif. on the Rogation Days: usually used in pl.
2 in ancient Rome, a) a consul‘s or tribune‘s proposal of a law to be passed or rejected by the people b) such a proposed law

roguishness, rollicksome, roman, romanticism, romeo,

rondo aka rondeau
n.,
pl. 3dos# 5It < Fr rondeau: see RONDEAU6 Music a composition or movement, often the last movement of a sonata, having its principal theme stated three or more times in the same key, interposed with subordinate themes

rongeur - Ever have a root canal?

And just when you think they couldn’t get stupider……..
Roodle
Oh, fol-de-rol-de-roodle, Oh, roi-de-roi-de-too; I bid you howdy doodle, And howdy doodle-doo; And if you doubt my honor, Nor think am speaking true, I'll cry ...

skip a couple
roseola the “e” is long
n.
5ModL, dim. < L roseus, rosy6 any rose-colored rash; esp., rubella: also called rose rash

Discovery of the virus solved a longstanding mystery - primary infection in childhood causes "roseola infantum" a.k.a. "sixth disease", a common childhood rash whose cause was previously unknown. Ab titres are highest in children and decline with age. Consequences of childhood infection appear to be mild. Primary infections of adults are rare but have more severe consequences - mononucleosis/hepatitis. HHV-6 infection is a problem in immunocompromised patients, although the importance of HHV-6 infection in AIDS patients is not clear.