A lousy page with many words not worth entering here.

ratoon
n.
5Sp retoOo < retoOar, to sprout again < re3 (< L re3), again + otoOar, to grow in autumn < L autumnare < autumnus, AUTUMN6 a shoot growing from the root of a plant (esp. the sugar cane) that has been cut down
vi.
to grow ratoons, or grow as a ratoon

rauwolfia
n.
5ModL, after L. Rauwolf, 16th-c. Ger botanist6
1 any of a genus (Rauwolfia) of tropical, mostly poisonous, trees and shrubs of the dogbane family, some of which contain medicinal substances
2 the powdered whole root of a plant (Rauwolfia serpentina) yielding various alkaloids, esp. reserpine
generic name of medication – reserpine, for hypertension

Ravehook (?), n. (Shipbuilding) A tool, hooked at the end, for enlarging or clearing seams for the reception of oakum.

razee
n.
5Fr ras= (as in vaisseau ras=, leveled vessel), pp. of raser, to level, scrape: see prec.6 a wooden warship made lower by the removal of the upper deck
vt.
3zeed$, 3zee4ing to remove the upper deck of (a warship)

recalcitrant
adj.
5L recalcitrans, prp. of recalcitrare, to kick back (in LL, to disobey) < re3, back + calcitrare, to kick < calx, heel: see CALCAR6
1 refusing to obey authority, custom, regulation, etc.; stubbornly defiant
2 hard to handle or deal with
n.
a recalcitrant person
re[cal4ci[trance or re[cal4ci[tran[cy
n.
re[cal4ci[trant[ly
adv.

recidivism
n.
5< L recidivus < recidere, to fall back < re3, back + cadere, to fall (see CASE1) + 3ISM6 habitual or chronic relapse, or tendency to relapse, esp. into crime or antisocial behavior
re[cid$i[vist
n., adj.
re[cid#i[vis4tic or re[cid$i[vous
adj.

recorder
n.
5ME < Anglo-Fr recordour6
1 a person who records; esp., an officer appointed or elected to keep records of deeds or other official papers
2 in some cities, a judge who has the same criminal jurisdiction as a police judge
3 a machine or device that records; esp., TAPE RECORDER
4 5ME < recorden, to sing, warble: see RECORD6 any of a group of wind instruments, with eight finger holes and a fipple in a straight tube with the mouthpiece at one end

recrement m!nt8
n.
5< Fr or L: Fr r=cr=ment < L recrementum < re3, back + cernere, to separate: see HARVEST6 [Now Rare] the worthless part of anything; waste; dross
rec#re[men4tal
adj.

ratoon
n.
5Sp retoOo < retoOar, to sprout again < re3 (< L re3), again + otoOar, to grow in autumn < L autumnare < autumnus, AUTUMN6 a shoot growing from the root of a plant (esp. the sugar cane) that has been cut down
vi.
to grow ratoons, or grow as a ratoon

rauwolfia
n.
5ModL, after L. Rauwolf, 16th-c. Ger botanist6
1 any of a genus (Rauwolfia) of tropical, mostly poisonous, trees and shrubs of the dogbane family, some of which contain medicinal substances
2 the powdered whole root of a plant (Rauwolfia serpentina) yielding various alkaloids, esp. reserpine
generic name of medication – reserpine, for hypertension

Ravehook (?), n. (Shipbuilding) A tool, hooked at the end, for enlarging or clearing seams for the reception of oakum.

razee
n.
5Fr ras= (as in vaisseau ras=, leveled vessel), pp. of raser, to level, scrape: see prec.6 a wooden warship made lower by the removal of the upper deck
vt.
3zeed$, 3zee4ing to remove the upper deck of (a warship)

recalcitrant
adj.
5L recalcitrans, prp. of recalcitrare, to kick back (in LL, to disobey) < re3, back + calcitrare, to kick < calx, heel: see CALCAR6
1 refusing to obey authority, custom, regulation, etc.; stubbornly defiant
2 hard to handle or deal with
n.
a recalcitrant person
re[cal4ci[trance or re[cal4ci[tran[cy
n.
re[cal4ci[trant[ly
adv.

recidivism
n.
5< L recidivus < recidere, to fall back < re3, back + cadere, to fall (see CASE1) + 3ISM6 habitual or chronic relapse, or tendency to relapse, esp. into crime or antisocial behavior
re[cid$i[vist
n., adj.
re[cid#i[vis4tic or re[cid$i[vous
adj.

recorder
n.
5ME < Anglo-Fr recordour6
1 a person who records; esp., an officer appointed or elected to keep records of deeds or other official papers
2 in some cities, a judge who has the same criminal jurisdiction as a police judge
3 a machine or device that records; esp., TAPE RECORDER
4 5ME < recorden, to sing, warble: see RECORD6 any of a group of wind instruments, with eight finger holes and a fipple in a straight tube with the mouthpiece at one end

recrement m!nt8
n.
5< Fr or L: Fr r=cr=ment < L recrementum < re3, back + cernere, to separate: see HARVEST6 [Now Rare] the worthless part of anything; waste; dross
rec#re[men4tal
adj.