>it opens here the 16th, with sorceror in the title of course. it remains to be seen if it will be dubbed or subtitled in american

I think, neither. Some scenes have been shot twice. I don't think that they have changed much apart from the words in the title. Even so, there are compromises for an international audience. Harry's house in Privet Drive would be probably a London thirties house - here is a modernised detached version http://compuhost.co.uk/houseforsale/ but a more modern house has been used to make more sense to an international audience (in some countries such a house would be interpreted as being too upmarket, apparently). At least the whole thing wasn't moved lock, stock and barrel to the USA as in so many film versions of popular British children's books such as Matilda (Aylesbury), Madame Doubtfire (Edinburgh) and the Borrowers (South of England). Still, I'll be looking out to see if they toast crumpets or english muffins.

It goes on general release here on the 16th as well.

I think that it will be less in need of dubbing or subtitles than the Full Monty or Chicken Run! We'll see.