And you should hear all the jokes at the end of the school year about the rising class of seniors!

Actually, I'm not sure there is a Climax HS. Climax is an area at a pass between Leadville and hmmm Copper Mountain I think. When I was doing a lot of cycling it was one of my favorite rides because the road is very wide (about a six-foot shoulder or berm for cycling, even on the tight curves going up to the pass. Right at the pass is the Climax Molybdenum Mine, where they used to mine millions of pounds of that odd metal. It's been closed for some years, and the area is pretty badly affected by the lack of work.

Leadville's the highest city in the US, somewhere above 10K feet (3000 plus meters). If it weren't so damned cold there in the winter it'd be a nice retirement town.

Speaking of cold, here in Denver we are in the midst of a winter storm, with 8 inches or so of very wet snow breaking down trees and shrubs. I've only lost a couple of branches from my maple tree, and the purple lilacs looked as though they had fallen asleep across the hood of my car.

TEd