Welcome, Evanston Dad.

I didn't find anything on cribbing (oops, that's what horses do), but I did find this odious (and maybe odiferous)
word at Terry O'Connor's Word for Word site:

Enough with the smellfungus, already
Suzanne King, Associate Professor of Accounting at the University of Charleston, hit a nerve when she asked about the word smellfungus. "I came across it in an old thesaurus," she wrote. "Its meaning was described to be a critic. I've always thought it was a colorful word and that more than a few artist, actors, etc., would feel satisfaction in using it to describe the person who reviewed their work or performances. What is its derivation and history?"

I should be cranky about this, given that my "day" job used to that of literary editor, and we critics receive enough return criticism without adding to attackers' armoury of invective.
Oh well.
Smellfungus comes from the pen of Irish-born writer Laurence Sterne (1713-68), the author of the delicious Tristram Shandy. Sterne took exception to a work entitled Travels Through France and Italy by Tobias Smollett, published in 1766.
Young Sterne didn't like the whinging tone of the book, and coined smellfungus to describe Smollett. The word, according to the SOED, entered the language in the early 19th century as a term for grumblers and fault-finders.
If anyone else finds obscure, offensive words for incredibly useful people such as literary critcs, can they please keep them to themselves.