Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
old hand
old hand
J
Oh yeah? I bet I can make an overhead "slide" on the photocopier faster than your average professor can successfully scan in a figure from a book.

That's not what I mean. I'm talking about those little slides for slide projectors, the ones with big rotating cylinders. That's what artists used to (and sometimes still) do with their work to save a picture of it because you can project it to make it large rather than having a small photo of it. And that's what was generally used in art history classes. Plus, a digital image of it is more ecologically friendly than wasting a sheet of plastic.

And TEd, a digital camera image has depth, which distorts the text that would be on the board. Plus, the electronic white boards record directly to an image editing program and some of them even recognize handwriting, which can be directly inserted into a word processor document.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What I don't like is the entire board has staff lines on it. I wish there had been one section on which I could have more easily written script.

yes! I've thought of buying a smaller, plain board, and having it up next to the big one.

Now, if I were super-organized (I'm not), I could put the entire lesson on Sibelius and WordPerfect--show it on the monitor in the music room.

yes, again! though for me it would be Finale and Appleworks...

formerly known as etaoin...
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Oh yeah? I bet I can make an overhead "slide" on the photocopier faster than your average professor can successfully scan in a figure from a book

Sure, Bean, that's true - but using the scanner I can not only make acetate OHP "slides" of colour ophots (from books or anywhwere, but I can also select bits of the photo, leaving out the inappropriate parts of it.

I can also put digital images direct from my camera onto OHP acetates - which includes photos of 200 year-old documents that I have accessed at the Record Office.

Photocopying is great - simple and quick, but it is limited

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,344
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 782 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,546
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith