Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have Windows ME and use Internet Explorer 6. The address bar at the top of my page only shows the address for Wordsmith, so that doesn't work for this purpose. I have another bar at the bottom of the site screen that shows the info only as it is connecting and that is where the information shows when I position my cursor over the reply or edit button. When the address shows up, it is truncated and doesn't show much beyond the post #. As far as settings or preferences, where exactly am I looking for these? I have checked all the pull-down menus on my toolbar and there are none here by that name. Thanks for the techie info, guys. Help me figure this out.

Many thanks to Ron (not-so)Obvious That was it exactly! Thanks, too, to Of Troy.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Big congrats, MG! But I think you'll find that you stay addicted to "addict" for waayyyy too long. It seemed like it took me forever to get to "old hand". But, then, I wasn't sure whether I disliked the addict in "addict" or the old in "old hand" more!
And, bein' a guitarist, I ain't sure I'm lookin' forward to Carpal Tunnel either! Think I'll just bask in my neutral Pooh-Bah-hood for as long as I can!

#75182 07/08/02 08:46 AM
F
veteran
veteran
F
bein' a guitarist, I ain't sure I'm lookin' forward to Carpal Tunnel either!

Me too, WO'N - just acoustic, but both rhythm and picked.

Howsabout a quick straw poll to see how many word-lovers are also guitarists? Results could be interesting.

Maybe calls for a new thread, assessing musical abilities of the Board in general.

#75183 07/08/02 01:11 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
well if you limit it to guitarist, it will be at least three, but if you open to musicial skills, it goes up greatly..

and if you include vocals, it well of over half the posters i know and love!

and there there are people like me.. tone deaf, and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

#75184 07/08/02 01:23 PM
F
veteran
veteran
F
like me.. tone deaf, and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

What, an Irishwoman?

- nevertheless, if you don't find yourself banging the table and singing along with Whisky In The Jar after a few Guinnesses, I'm a Jabberwocky.

(actually I defy anyone not to get caught up in such an occasion)

#75185 07/08/02 01:40 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
actually i don't like beer or guinness, I prefer hard cider. or better yet, spirit!
and none of this stuff of mixing good alcohol with fruit juice, or soda.. if you want a mixed drink, mix alcohol with alcohol! a rob roy, (scotch and vermouth) or black russian (vodka and Kaula)--none of the cream, thank you!

M
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
Race you to the next grade, MG. Veteran, is it?

I don't know, since Max Q took down 'is 'elpful 'ints.

Not fair! you is way ahead of me already! but if you slows down to inchworm speed, I might catch up....

AAUGH! CONNIE'S RIGHT! AMEN, SISTER! (and also, I have to say it, ahhhhh, men!) I do find myself telling other people in my life all about dis place. They are going to have me committed, I have no doubt!

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.

#75187 07/08/02 02:15 PM
M
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
Hey Helen, I cain't sing either - but that doesn't ever stop me! (much to the regret of the assembled company, whenever I join in....! except my mother, God bless her and all who sail in her, who says she just likes to hear me happy. Now that's the right approach, I reckon!)

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.

R
addict
addict
R
Race you to the next grade, MG. Veteran, is it?

I don't know, since Max Q took down 'is 'elpful 'ints.

Nah, it's old-hand. 800 posts should see you past the post. But steady on, you two. It's quality and not quantity that counts here!

Congrats, ModGod. You're fairly flying your way up the posting ladder. And you're only a handful of posts behing me and I've been here over two years!

Keep up the good work!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes, MG's game of Demented Dictionary is wonderful!

i have a dictionary on my desk at home.. but i am going to trade the standard to partridges dictionary of slang & obscene or some other special dictionary soon.. and take DD to new lows!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,347
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 770 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,548
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith