Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#74802 07/03/02 02:01 PM
M
old hand
old hand
M
"Rosfive" - I like the demotion. Did you think of it because Fiberbabe called him a "capering halfwit"?!

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.

#74803 07/03/02 02:18 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think what bothers me most is the obvious delight in which you are dealing with this issue. it has become a game at how rude you can be. no matter what happened before, you have all forgotten the golden rule.

formerly known as etaoin...
#74804 07/03/02 02:39 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear etaoin: I take no delight in telling Keiva hs is unwelcome here.
It is simply that I cannot forgive him for hurting Jackie, who had
been his friend until he found he could not use her.

#74805 07/03/02 02:47 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
etaoin, some here have wonder why KEIVA was not wanted, and what is was that made him persona non grata.. and now, he uses legal language, in an attempt to silence us.

this thread which he labels Charges made, is about typical. almost from the day he started here, he desided to appoint himself as arbitrator of what was rude, and demanded apologies for rude behaviour. but much of what he labeled rude was word play and fun..

FiberBabe, long, long ago explained her interterst in textiles.. but we persist in teasing her and making all bran jokes.. this is not rude. and if some behaviour did bother her, i am sure, she would send a PM to someone, mention she didn't like it, and it would stop.. She doesn't need KEIVA or anyone else going about saying "its rude, you must stop". KEIVA doesn't, and never did like us here.. and he waged months and months of campaigns to try to reform us. I joined knowing that word play, puns, irony, literal reading of things (have you seen the literal reading in the When i was five thread, over in AWAD in Schools? it is so funny!) are the way that things are here.. No one forces me to be here.. and i do not think i and others should be forced to change my behaviour to meet the needs of a single person. If he doesn't like it here, let him leave.

Keiva is not wanted here, and doesn't like our behavior.. but he persist in coming here day after day, to say it.. and he persist in complaining about us..

for months, we let him rant and rave, and slowly, over time, any one who liked him, found themselves liking him less and less...

we endured month of his rude behavior before we started to act as we have begun to do..

i see his demands.. but where are his apologies? for what he did to Anu Garg, or what he did to Jackie, or for his rude use of an anagram of AnnaStrophic's name? where are his aplogies for his rude behavior to women? where are his retractions? He would have you beleive that traveling 600 miles in a weekend to be less than 20 mile from the location of a party that he was not invited to is normal, (not crazy) and not an idication of stalking..

I have a great deal of trouble reconsiling that information.
I can't understand how it could be seen as anything but irrational (to travel 600 miles to be someplace you are not wanted) or stalking (traveling 600 miles, in an attempt to gain information about a gathering you were not welcome to attend, by secretly meeting with a person who was invited to attend).

and i am distressed that this person is still here... if it were my decision, KEIVA, and all the names he post as, would be barred.

#74806 07/03/02 05:50 PM
R
Rosten Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
he persist in complaining ... for months, we let him rant and rave

Disagreeing in part:

I agree with you that ranting and raving are inappropriate and that they should, if extreme enough, be grounds for dismissal. I agree that various people have ranted and raved, repeatedly.

I do not agree that I am among those ravers. My comments have been far milder than those leveled at me and others.
[Examples are readily available.]

#74807 07/03/02 05:54 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: Nobody is interested in your crap
You are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

#74808 07/03/02 06:04 PM
R
Rosten Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
In reply to:

"My comments have been far milder than those leveled at me"
and wwh's response:
Keiva: Nobody is interested in your crap

Q.E.D.

#74809 07/03/02 06:32 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: You are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

#74810 07/03/02 06:36 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Keiva started to set up standards (his standards, to remeady a problem he percieved) back in Oct.
That is, he started a thread to champion his cause.. before that, he was just posting in threads other started.. this was just 3 months after he registered at AWAD talk.
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=44813

By February, many were no longer responding to his posts, and he had established sock puppets to sing his chorus.
By April, he had established AphonicRants, and many wanted him him banned, and now, 3 months later, he is claiming it hasn't been months...

Remember, his claim of being reasonable, are from a man who claimed it was reasonable for him to travel 600 in a weekend to be with in 20 mile of a party he wasn't invited to, and that it was unreasonable to call this stalking.
and this same man claims to be reasonable when he starts a thread Charges made, and implies that he plans to make or press charges. Keiva idea of reasonable is that everything he does is reasonable..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,333
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith