About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#74324 06/27/02 07:11 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There are already enough wounding raging around the world. Do we have to add to it?

As "pride" is (if not the only reason) one of the major reasons for ALL of the wounding (not my word of choice, BTW) going on around in the world (most usually under the guise of *nationalism or *religion of some sort), I prefer to approach the causes than band-aid the effects, even if it means taking a "personal step backwards". In this case, actively ignoring or repetitively putting up a "talk-to-the-hand" phrase is doing just that.

tsuwm - Thank you for detailing the insults, personal abuse and actions which even I understand as attacks. As you know I'm more than happy to take a good *ribbing, (how else could I dish out my own personal brand of humor), but insinuating through a twisted and completely erroneous conclusion that I would be antisemitic (i.e. "with people who to a greater or lesser degree share his sentiments.") has made me be silent, which I consider a "personal step backwards". I'm glad there are others that continue to speak and make heard their own unique words.

I'll continue to seek out humor, but...

#74325 06/27/02 07:20 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Re: people should ignore what they don't want to read

Oh, yes, just the way Keiva ignored things? He ignores our messages to go away, but again and again he starts new thread cataloging how he is being picked on...

he has been doing if for months, and months, not the few weeks we have been doing it. we should ignore the sock puppets? like aphonicrants? but he gets to complain about the equalizer? we should ignore his threats? his stalking? his using Angel and others to harm this board? is that what we should ignore?

You see two sides? what two sides? a person who was banned and used threats to get him self restored? a person who lies, who uses people?

Cry about death threats? what death threats? being told Drop dead is not a death threat!.. and didn't you fail to mention that some who had inside information, wrote you, to reasure you?

What did you do? do you attempt to contact anyone and warn us that your husband was in Michigan? Are there 2 sides to that? No there is only your side.

If keiva was so afraid of belligerant youth, what the hell was he doing following him to michigan?
you excuse all of his behavior, all of your behavior.. you cry how terrible it is here and for all of this ugliness to stop.. you and your husband are the ugliness.

how many times is it now, that said you are not going to post here any more?

what was it that Mary McCarthy said? "every word from her is a lie... even and & the." i could look up the exact quote.. but the what's difference? the gist is there.

you remind me of the children who killed there parents, and plead for the mercy of the court, because they are orphans.

No, no mercy. go away you are not wanted here.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
tsuwm
You have always been so refined in every move you make on this board that I have silently admired you and think of you as a model.
Even now when you stated your grievances, you did it in a very courtly way. It helps me look at one more side of the issue without being blinded by rudeness and unnecessary harshness.
I am thankful for your exemplary behavior throughout your ordeal.
I hope I have not given the impression that I am taking sides. All through these days my only objective is to keep the board decent, free of annoyances like hurtful words. In other words, as Geoff said to keep it"convivial".
I consider you a stalwart of AWAD and your leaving will deprive the board of another touchstone.

#74327 06/27/02 08:11 PM
E
E

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Excuse me tswum, but with all due respect:

You will please note that I did not initiate or participate in the "bombshell thread" in which bombshells were lobbed at the board. Nor did I respond in kind to the "nuking" posts of such folks as equalizer. If one wishes to check back, one can see who has "nuked" [your term] and who has been temperate.

And I do thing you are rather unfair to think me "creepy" to meet with a friend.

I will not discuss your comments regarding Jackie, even to refute them, for I see no good in a gentleman discussng any negative aspects of a sweet lady's behavior.

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
tsuwm, continuing just a bit further:

I think WordWind had an exellent idea in her "two week moratorium on personal disagreement" thread. Her initiating post has now been deleted, but it so echos the thoughtful depths of spirt one often sees in your posts that I have little doubt you remember it.

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: You will never be welcome on AWADtalk.

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: You are decidedly unwelcome to post on AWADtalk.

#74332 06/27/02 10:28 PM
old hand
old hand
>I suggest an 'ignore' feature. Found on other boards, one can identify a poster and choose to 'ignore' them - meaning that their postings will not appear on their screens.

Unfortunately, Chemeng, the Board software doesn't have such a feature to turn on. But I'm friendly with some very clever gnomes... Patience, patience...

#74333 06/28/02 12:12 AM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
<< I have always said that people should ignore what they don't want to read or respond to. >>

Please relate this to your husband.

I've got to tell you, with the blue laws back in New York after the Giulliani era, yours is the only burlesque show in town.

Please go away. Go away. Go.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith