Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
<<Helen, I knew Ken was not a threat so I didn't contact the group. Perhaps I should have, though. I didn't even think about it.>>

The inconsistency of your first and third sentences suggests a lack of good faith and a clawing self-righteousness

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Excuse me tswum, but with all due respect:

You will please note that I did not initiate or participate in the "bombshell thread" in which bombshells were lobbed at the board. Nor did I respond in kind to the "nuking" posts of such folks as equalizer. If one wishes to check back, one can see who has "nuked" [your term] and who has been temperate.

you show me (nor anyone else) the slightest bit of respect with this absurd denial.

exhibit A:
February 21, 2002

Ken says:
4) nuke
[your term] is pending.
Connie says:
I ask you please not to.
Ken says:
5) that's warning.
This is not offered to you for discussion. I will do whatever seems to me right.

exhibit B: (the Bombshell)
Jackie
Thu May 30 22:47:00 2002

The person who signed on to this board with the name Keiva, and who became AphonicRants, et. al., threatened to file a lawsuit against at least me, and possibly our beloved Anu. He has now been unbanned. Anu felt there was no choice. I shall miss you all.

-joe (just the facts) friday

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
As edited 4:47 PM: tsuwm, thought is not a crime. Unless you can talk about what I did, I make no apology for what I thought of but did not do.

1. Re your "Exhibit A": At most you merely show that I was (justifiably) angry but was laudably able to restrain myself. You mention no posts I actually made anywhere near as nasty, numerous or continuous as others against me (with which you express not the slightest distaste) (Anything approaching equalizer or of-troy, for example; numerous earlier examples also available.)
.....As opposed to my thought-not-acted-upon, what do you think of those who actually acted, hitting the board with admitted {quote} "bombshell" {end-quote} posts? similar to what they'd posted in prior months Which constitutes "nuking the board"?

2. Re your "Exhibit B": You quote Jackie.
.....Jackie has retracted the statement you quote, and said something quite different.¹
.....It is somewhat unfair of you to quote her former statement and ignore her corrections. Once again, you are critiquing not my act, but merely a thought I decided not to act upon.

----------
¹not Keiva threatened to file a lawsuit;
but Ken did not actually say to me that he WOULD sue; ... he said he would rather not take that route
and he has not told me that he WOULD sue ... he had considered the prospect

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
The Devil can quote Scripture to his purpose.
Keiva: You are here only by having wrung
a shameful reprieve from Wordsmith.

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Well, dr. bill, at least you're talking about actions, not mere thoughts.
Not actions you know of, and not ones you describe accurately, but at least actions.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
how funny! and here I was, making a nexus between exhibit A (your nuke) and exhibit B (Jackie's bombshell).

-joe (go away, Keiva) friday

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Yes, tsuwm, but the difference is that that former was a thought not posted or acted upon; and the latter was posted onto the public board and promptly joined by many, including you.¹

Only the latter, not the former, affected the board.

----------------
¹Immediate edit: Joined so promptly as to suggest pre-planned concerted action.

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: You are tiresome as well as very much unwelcome.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Keiva, I really doubt that I have to spell this out to you; but for the benefit of all (and truly, this is just the observation of this observer): the "nuke" which was so thoughtfully delivered, to be described as a "bombshell" by Jackie (which she has not retracted) was your "action" whatever form it may have taken, which resulted in your unwelcome return and Jackie's departure. as to what you had in mind when you made your original "nuke" threat to Consuelo, this will suffice in my mind as it has wiped out Jackie's AWAD personna as well as driven others permanently away.

-joe (just go away, Keiva) friday

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Because of computer blowing up, and no practical way of salvaging hard disk, I cannot produce copies
of messages I had from Keiva, but he made it quite clear he was going to do something to AWADtalk
that would make me very unhappy. He sure did. And all to try to escape a well deserved banning,
which his oversized ego could not accept.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,334
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 752 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,543
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith