Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#73701 06/26/02 06:47 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
"The least you could have done"

So sorry, jmh. The information I received was that that was not what you wished -- but when you're next in my area, it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you.

#73702 06/26/02 06:58 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
B
The person known as Keiva, who recently posted on this thread, was banned for flaming. He forced his way back into this forum by implied threats of legal action against Anu Garg, the founder of AWAD. This same person has also been known to post under the names AphonicRants, KeivaCarpal.

#73703 06/26/02 06:59 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
what brought you to AWAD this week? and even more curious, why did you comment on this thread?

we have, unfortunately, had several flame wars, and one person was banned. several real newcomers couldn't understand why, since many of the post looked rather 'plain' but the flamer was being troublesome all the while.

and yes, children (and adults) can change.. but they have to want to. if someone is happy being destructive, well, they have no reason to change. and won't.

if you think we haven't tried, and waited and hoped for a possitive change.. well think again..

many former regulars will not post here while the one flamer does. He was banned, and he did force his way back onto the board by threatening Anu Garg, this information is available-- its just a few pages back.

You are, of course, free to judge for your self, and it could be that 40 or so people who independantly came to the same decision are all wrong.. but i don't think so

#73704 06/26/02 07:18 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
B
You are right about making your own judgements etaoin.

Sadly, if people are reacting harshly it is because they have been hurt and made up their own minds too.

It is unfortunate that you happen to join us during a time of strife on the Board. I hope you do stay because there are some really nice people here.

Check out Wordplay, Q&P and those forums. There is usually a lot of fun stuff going on there so I'm sure you'll find them interesting.

#73705 06/26/02 07:48 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Keiva, please leave us alone...we only want the beloved refuge we all first found when we came to this board.

#73706 06/26/02 07:49 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I

#73707 06/26/02 07:51 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I

#73708 06/26/02 08:02 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well obviously, i need to edit my little list of tricks..

i need to extend it beyond words, especially the trick about keiva best defence being a good offence.

my oh my, poor keiva post last week how he was quaking in fear, what with the death threat he was getting.. and what does he do? He travel some 300 miles to be with in 20 miles of somewhere he knew he was not welcomed.

Shall we talk about stalking? Are we just supposed to think you were in the neighborhood? Just what were you planning to do?

So sorry, jmh. The information I received was that that was not what you wished -- but when you're next in my area, it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you

Was that information recieved before or after you tucked you tail between you legs and snuck out, like the weasel you are? or is it just an other bold faced lie?

Mind you its true, its is a free country, and Keiva can go any where he wants. so tell us keiva, just what is it you wanted to do in the lansing area this past weekend? applying to be a member of the bar?, nah, could be, the state offices are closed on weekends. it seems pretty evident stalking is what you were up to. (not that i am accusing him, no, siree bob, i would do that.. i just want to comment-- how strange it is that this weekend of all weekends you somehow managed to find yourself in the Lansing, and meeting with one of the guest to Ann's house, while studiously avoiding an other. )

I heard second hand, that some one accused angel of being a spy.. and first hand from the person that made the accusation, that they were sorry.. and, now i have learned that they were right. Kim is a fallen angel.

Warning!! Not only does Keiva lie, and decieve, not only does he flame and use people, he stalks them. he is a preditor. he was banned, and forced his way back by threats. Go away keiva. you are not wanted here

#73709 06/27/02 01:30 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
sorry for my slow response, we've been in the middle of a series of thunderstorms all afternoon and evening.
first, let me say thanks to all of you who have welcomed me, it's a refreshing change from the negativity that is so apparent here. a list that I'm on is now in the middle of a heated partisan debate about the constitutionality of the Pledge of Allegiance here in the States. and these are graphic artists. ;¬) "love is in the air...."
secondly, let me say what I've been trying not to, and that is the continued references to the recent events make it hard for a newcomer to see anything else. no matter which thread I pick up, it's there. I'm sure you've tried the ignoring strategy, and the make fun of it strategy, and all the strategies you could possibly think of, and none of them work; but to keep people here, I would say it's time to give up. say nothing. start fun and interesting threads, like, no one ever responded to what someone is called if they practice too much... not that I ever did, but I did learn to read the lines and spaces, and know what they mean...
anyway, thirdly, or where-ever I am right now, this word business is cool stuff, let's get on with it.

formerly known as etaoin...
#73710 06/27/02 01:41 AM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
A couple mile long URLs made screen go wide, which is annoying.
To make a short URL, use URL below. In the search box that appears use copy,edit,,,copy, paste
to put long URL into the box provided. Wait a few seconds, and a new short URL appears, which
accesses site of the long one.

http://makeashorterlink.com/about.php

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,333
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 743 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith