Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
i think what worked too, mav, was a bit of luck..
i happened to catch Lizzy--(you haven't objected, so i am thinking i am ok!) very soon after she posted, and i had the time to rephrase my comments.. and she had time to responde.. with out any one jumping in, and "defending" her, (because the read the post just as she did) or me, (because they read the post as i intended )

i was kind of startled by her sarcasm.. but when i reread my post in through her eyes... egg, egg all over! and no ones fault by mine!

i try not to take sides.. but to just put in my two cents. Sometimes, someone send me a big KISS for posting about being an elitist, (by PM)-- and sometimes, someone,( CK, but not really mentioning names!) put in their two cents, that they agreed, but in much quieter voice than mine..

so some times i get it right (for some of the folk) and sometimes i get it wrong.. CK is forgiven.. remember last year i was talking about marrying him for his money.. he is just a little afraid of me!

CK and i are fine... we sometimes tease each other, but rarely have serious disagreements..

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>with out any one jumping in, and "defending"...

bingo, ot! it is my considered opinion that this sort of posting has caused more hurt feelings and ill-considered responses than any other bunch of actions combined.

()

#65075 04/17/02 07:32 PM
E
E

J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
I'm glad that you were left in peace, Ewein, to sort out what Helen was saying.

I just hope the board becomes a happier place one day. It is such a shame that we don't seem to be allowed to disagree any more - we were once quite good at it.

Once, in the mists of time, when I was cross with tsuwm for some reason or another, we had a great "on board slanging match". Mind you, to make it more interesting I'd decided to send him a private mail to ask him to provide me with a few choice words to use from his collection (he knows so many more than me) - he made me feel quite eloquent!

Helen and I get on fine - I don;t pint out her typos and she doesn't point out mine - I can't stand Aenigma our trusty spell chacker, so all sorts of drivel makes it way into my posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reply to:

Mind you, to make it more interesting I'd decided to send him a private mail to ask him to provide me with a few choice words to use from his collection (he knows so many more than me) - he made me feel quite eloquent!

ROFL!

*this* is the humor for which i return again and again. a perfect example of yesteryear!!

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
(Plaintive emotican) Where have all the word posts gone?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
sorry, bill. I guess I've been a mite distracted.

-ron (speaking for myself now) obvious

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Where have all the word posts gone?
Long time pa-assing... [music notes icon]

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I would like to say a word of thanks. I have been home for all of 30 minutes out of the last twelve hours. I am not as recovered from my surgery as I would like to be, and I have done too much. I hurt. And I am SO relieved to have read all the way through this category (which I've only made it out of one time since Sunday morning!), and found that my request this morning has been complied with. Thank you, everyone!!
I am assigned hospital duty tomorrow; sitting is about the only thing I can do well, these days. So I will be away again. Thought about taking my laptop, but decided my mo.-in-law would want her phone line open! She's fine, by the way--the operation was quite successful.

#65082 04/24/02 01:16 AM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Edit performed above, as noted there.

Edit: tsuwm, regarding your penultimate post in this thread, I feel rather like Sir Roderic in Gilbert & Sullivan's Ruddigore: Humph! These arguments sound very well, but I can't help thinking that, if they were reduced to syllogistic form, they wouldn't hold water.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,372
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith