old hand
M

#65035 04/12/02 10:05 AM
B
old hand
old hand
B
Alright MG!

Think we've had one of these threads before - can't remember what came of it in the end. Jackie?

Maybe I'm a bit slow out of the box, but at first I thought when you referred to 'modelling' you meant jumping around clothed in front of a camera. A friend of mine (in fact the girl I am pictured with on Max's site) also offered her services as an 'Aktmodell' - a sitter (as oppose to 'ein Model' ' a 'normal' model- the English word) for a short while. As you say it really is quite a challenge according to her. She said it was quite an okay set up, but she got too little ('bout $15-20US an hour I think), and she also knew one of the artists personally.
She now lives in London now, but she's here in Euroland for a visit at the moment. Praps you to have a fair bit in common with her, because she's been having quite a difficult time trying to find a job there ... at least three firms told her she is 'hopelessly over-qualified' for a position. Problem is she doesn't know what exactly she IS qualified for. You'd think being bilingual from birth and completely fluent in five languages (big green monster appears) she would be able to write her own checks - but apparently not. Clearly when interviewers are confronted with someone more intelligent (or simply more knowledgeable) than themselves they shuffle and swivel in their comfy leather chairs, feel threatened, and simply say 'No'. Anyone else have this experience?
Anyway - you asked what any of us are up to - so I'll offer that I'm not working (for money) today - tonight I'm going to this d'n'b (drum and bass) party where one of my old friends, I've known him since he was 14 and I was 15, is 'mcing'. I really hope it goes alright for him, as he is unemployed now after a long stint at Siemens bored out of his brains and has invested a lot of money into getting some brand-name jungle djs to come out from the U.K. (Usual Suspects). I meet him and a group of hip-hoppers out the back of this club 'Flokati' last week for the first time in 'bout six months and they offered up plenty of freestyle beats (i.e. beat-boxing) and lyrics. It's really quite impressive. That's all from me. Keep your head up.

M
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M

#65037 04/15/02 11:31 PM
E
E

#65038 04/16/02 02:15 AM
M
M
Hi Everyone,
Great idea, MG. I'm back from Topeka, Kansas, have most of my school-work(?) done and will post all about myself here soon. . .y'all waiting on the edge of your chairs?
Can you imagine I missed everyone during the last few days I've spent in exile? MLC

#65039 04/16/02 02:52 AM
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I don't post often here, preferring to read and learn. Your post, however, was great entertainment. All those references to a mysterious "they" had me wondering if you were Oliver Stone.
As to the "victim/aggressor" ramble, 'debunker' posted publicly available information. I am an old friend of the person calling himself Max, and he tells me that 'debunker' is a great person, kind, intelligent, generous and reasonable. Perhaps 'debunker' made an error in judgement with the post that started this thread, but everybody does so from time to time. Your ignorance of the dynamics of this board was graphically demonstrated by your saying "I will be shy and maybe a bit belligerent--like belligerentyouth!" Belligerentyouth is anything but in his posts. Worse still was your implicit criticism of Jackie, the new admimistrator. She has proven herself to be a very gentle and kind soul, if a little too keen to see only good in others. To whine about her appointment reveals your true pettiness. Upset that your idol didn't get the job?
No one is forcing you to stay here, why not take your pathetic petulance and go somewhere where "they" won't find you?

#65040 04/16/02 12:17 PM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
As to the "victim/aggressor" ramble, 'debunker' posted publicly available information. I am an old friend of the person calling himself Max, and he tells me that 'debunker' is a great person, kind, intelligent, generous and reasonable. Perhaps 'debunker' made an error in judgement with the post that started this thread, but everybody does so from time to time

If you have read all the posts in the thread that debunker has started, there is just no way you can defend this guy.

#65041 04/16/02 12:47 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>If you have read all the posts in the thread that debunker has started, there is just no way you can defend this guy.

or perhaps you are starting from a false set of assumptions.

()

#65042 04/16/02 12:56 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
starting from a false set of assumptions

I've always had trouble with the term "begging the question." Is the above phrase what it means?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,372
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith