About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#64617 04/11/02 12:24 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm sorry, Keiva. Did you say 145 times including misspellings, abbreviations; references before the name was coined, etc.?

I must have misunderstood. Surely you meant not including. I hope you didn't spend all the time necessary to find and count all the misspellings, abbreviations; references before the name was coined, etc. Did you make separate counts for the period before and the period after this unpleasantness began?

#64618 04/11/02 12:43 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#64619 04/11/02 12:59 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
a ways back, for you flat liners like me, Faldage responded to post of kieva's.. supposedly about general nastiness, and changes made to posts.. (kieva's post is even further back!)Look for Faldage's post by the subject title --unchanged.

(RE:The statement about these posts being toned down versions of the original merely taints the evidence with no way to verify for anyone who did not copy and save the originals
I invite anyone to look at that entire thread and decide if it shows a general tendency on the part of anyone towards nastiness.

kieva supplied the links, and he mention my name in the post with the links and mentions editing.

what i edited out was the word F***ed. i suggested the person who posted a commercial ad was like a rapist, who then came back, and asked us," well how do you want to be ******?"-- as if offers us a choise of how she should abuse us, was not abuse.

the line was crude. i didn't change the tenor of my post. i do and did feel golibear used AWAD Talk for an ad--which i thought to be rude, and spam. she did it at the very time, Anu, in his AWAD mailings (not the WAD, but the newsletter) was asking for sponsers. The newsletter does have some very low key ads, paid for by sponsers. (most recently one for a Nanny service as i recall)

so i didn't edit out anything signicant, just something crude. if you read the whole thread, and think i was nasty, so be it. but, as faldage points out, i didn't get harsh until golibear came back and suggested we tell her how to use AWAD talk to place her free ads--

But please, do read the whole thread.. my post are pretty far down the line.. it took quite a bit to provoke me. and to suggest, i made a major edit, is wrong.

#64620 04/11/02 01:02 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Typo corrected, faldage; you are in that quite correct. Thank you!

#64621 04/11/02 01:09 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Helen, no one suggested that you made a major edit of content: you quite properly adhered to your position. And you quite properly toned down language that you yourself agreed, upon reflection, was excessive. Good on you on both counts.

Post-edit after LIU, to be specific on the compliment: Helen, you were mature enough to correct yourself when you concluded that you'd gone over the line (after all, nobody's perfect). And belM, I see that you did the same the next day, in the same thread, so the same compliment goes to you.

Good on both you ladies. Faldage, I'd commend this as an example of how rudeness does indeed occur but can be well handled.

http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=43881 (Helen on 10/18 at 18:49; belM the next day)

#64622 04/11/02 01:21 AM
M
M
Hi Guys, What's going on?

#64623 04/11/02 01:22 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
I hope I'm not interrupting anything, I just wanted to ask Whitman a question...
Whit-O, who and what is "Your Happy Epeolatrist!"

Milo.

#64624 04/11/02 02:04 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
O Great Sanctimonious

W'ON, per bartleby "sanctimony" means "hypocrital piety"; that is, acting contrary to one's professed principles.

I trust you can supply a cite to a pair of my posts -- one professing a principle, and one which you believe I am acting in conflict with that principle? (Either here or by PM will be fine.)

#64625 04/11/02 02:31 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>Could you please supply a pair of cites to my posts -- one professing a principle, and one which you believe to be in conflict with that principle?

"If you are unwillng to have your hurtful words seen -- if you would be ashamed to have others know you wrote them -- then don't write them."

Keiva
(addict)
Wed Oct 3 23:08:45 2001

bel, we are each of us imperfect, and there are times when each of us will act unkindly -- your strong post some time ago to shoshannah, for example. Could it be that you have perhaps overreacted here?

Such vehemence, in the past, drove shoshannah away from this board.

Shoshannah's last post:
Shoshannah
(member)
Sat Sep 22 08:21:10 2001
Re: around the world

Cap - hi and thanks for the welcome! I'm not really able to spend much time on this boad or anywhere on the net these days as my job with the Jerusalem Foundation keeps me very very busy! But this is an important time here and everywhere, so I took a peek at what folks were saying... which prompted my posting on this thread.

---------

and then there was the sad episode of your casting about to identify the "spammer", which culminated in your suggestion that it was Elizabeth, based on your shrewd discovery of her initials [E.A] appearing in one of the offending posts.

----

you've been quick to cry foul and quick to accuse ever since you arrived and discovered you couldn't be in control.

()

#64626 04/11/02 02:38 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Whit-O, who and what is "Your Happy Epeolatrist!"

Sure, Milo...be glad to. I was hopin' someone would ask.

Dr. Bill discovered an obscure word that every linguaphile should know:

epeolatry: the worship of words

There are only two citations listed on the entire web for it at OneLook...Forthright's, and our very own tswum's Worthless Word for the Day!
So, a worshipper of words is an epeolatrist. And "Happy Epeolatrist" just popped out, I liked the way the words flowed together and rolled off the tongue...so there you are. And I decided to use it as my first-ever signature to help remind me of the true energy of AWAD...levity, words, and intellect (not necessarily in that order).

Your Happy Epeolatrist!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,331
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 955 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith