Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#64400 04/29/02 08:35 AM
R
addict
addict
R
I do wish to
say that I joined this board because Keiva highly recommended it, and because he spoke highly of you all.
Keiva is a passionate individual - and it seems he may have simply had his buttons pushed beyond his limit.

Really? Well this should open your eyes. I have been staying away from the board for a while for various reasons but an email received this morning awakened me to the latest problems on the board. As much as I abhor and protest against the publication of personal messages and email I have decided to publish, in full, a complete, unabridged and unsolicited PM I received from Keiva after a particularly nasty incident last August. I have never PM'd Keiva nor have I ever responded to him and yet he comes up with the following flaming words of his own accord. That, my dears, is a true sign of an irrational mind and one which is, if only in my humble opinion, in need of some serious mental help. Clearly he was intent only on destroying the board from day 1 and he has been touting for potential apprentices ever since. He seems, clearly, to have found some over the past few months.

All emphasis is as it was in the original PM.

Quote begins:

Rubrick, don't leave just yet.
I'm newer than you -- and I agree with you in spades -- and I intend to give them hell!

Work with me -- or at least, watch, grin, and see what develops.

Please send me a PM, to let me know you got this before you departed into the mists.

End quote.

Nobody was pushing his buttons back in late August when he sent me this.

I come here for words, fun and interaction with a knowledgeable, intelligent international community. I certainly didn't come here to bash others on the board but if you want to call me a Keiva-basher, then so be it. However, by supplying what Mr. Keiva values so highly, I think the facts speak for themselves.

FYI, I never perceive anyone as being a clone of anyone else on the board. We may all be influenced by others but I believe the individuality still remains. However, I must say that I, amongst many, have had quite enough of the distructive methods of Keiva and do not wish to view his hurtful, spiteful, belligerent words on this forum again.

#64401 04/29/02 10:07 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Let's stop this now, please.

#64402 04/29/02 12:56 PM
E
E

#64403 04/29/02 04:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It is only fair
Well, I had asked that the going back and forth be stopped, and I see that the least-restrictive method has not worked. As I wrote to someone earlier today, my style has always been to make suggestions, thus giving people the power to decide on their own what to do. Like most doctors try (I think) to do with prescriptions, I want to start with the lightest, least-invasive technique first, and only get more serious if that fails. I am still very reluctant to take steps than only an administrator can take, so I will ask once again that this be stopped.
I will, however, respond, since I am making a post anyway. As I posted before, I will do my best to do what Anu has asked me to do: return this board to the kind and gentle place it used to be. And if, in that attempt, I am unfair, then so be it. I do indeed take this job very seriously, and will carry it out to the best of my ability despite the rather high personal cost. Anu has indicated that he trusts my judgment in this matter.

#64404 04/29/02 04:45 PM
R
addict
addict
R
Quotes on this board, in the past, have been taken out of context

I'm newer than you -- and I agree with you in spades -- and I intend to give them hell!

Work with me -- or at least, watch, grin, and see what develops.

The context is very clear and I have not misquoted. What more facts do you need?!

#64405 04/29/02 05:11 PM
R
addict
addict
R
By now everyone must know that you have banned Keiva from this site

FYI I did not know that Keiva was banned as, I explain again, I have been away from the board. However, I now jump for joy and I'll drink a celebratory pint knowing that someone as hurtful, spiteful, low-down and conniving as him can hurt no-one on this board anymore. The pain, discord, suffering and acrimony he has caused is finally a thing of the past and we can go back to discussing words in harmony. Keiva has had his say and there is no need for him to reply to my post with his smarmy double-talk. My feelings for him are well expressed and any more words from him will just concrete these feelings further. You may be a friend of his but the feeling is not mutual. Stand up for him all you want but you will not change my opinion so why waste your energy? I do not speak for anyone on this board but myself but I feel that there is almost mutual consent amongst us about that person. Good riddance to him.

That's all I have to say. Don't bother replying to me or PM'ing as I really couldn't be bothered replying, let alone reading, anymore on the subject.

HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE!

#64406 04/29/02 06:46 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

#64407 04/29/02 07:21 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

#64408 04/29/02 07:45 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
May I humbly suggest that prolonging this post is not in the best interests of the Board.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,367
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith