Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Oh connie, look at this I had hoped to prod you into taking an active role as a peacemaker, but the hope was unavailing.

Sound to me, like some one held a gun to your head, said do as i say, or it will all be your fault. But hey that's him being nice. after all, this person decide they knew best, and as self appointed judge jury and exicutioner, the want you to be one of the hang men.

guess you and are lucky, we only got nice message from this person. I am glad you keep yours, unfortunately, i trash mail from some people, unopened. and i did a clean out a few weeks ago, and deleted the old posts as well.

any one is entitled to hold any opinion of other posters. but some new members, might want to ask themselves, why is it, that 30 or so regular posters, who can't agree on anything else, all manage to agree that one person is a disruptive influence.

it could be all 30 of us are wrong, and the 10 or so newer poster are right, but, at one point, i had the same opinion as the new posters. and no one on this board sent me warnings, or tried to poison my opinion, (in fact, the other has occured, some tried to convince me to give the guy one more chance.) I did sent several PM, when upset, that could be considered attempts at poisoning someone views. that person called me on, i stopped, and apologied, and we now have an OK relationship.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think that with your last quoted sentence you've proven MY point, Connie, not yours.

...and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white, and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
might ask themselves why is it, that 30 or so regular posters all manage to agree that one person is a disruptive influence.

-- or might ask themselves why it is that said regular members are unwilling or unable to cite factual support for their views.
-- or might ask themselves what the views would be of previous members who, having received nastiness*, are not longer with us or are posting far less than before.

Have we a selected sample, Helen, one from which some members have driven out or cowed the voices that might disagree with you? That's a factual question, on which you and I may reach differing conclusions -- but would you agree that it's a question that merits mature consideration?

PS: dear Helen, would that we had as many as 30 regular posters.

B
old hand
old hand
B

J
old hand
old hand
J
would that we had as many as 30 regular posters.

This didn't take any more than 5 minutes:

1 myself
2 Jackie
3 tsuwm
4 Max Q
5 CK
6 Faldage
7 AnnaS
8 of troy
9 wow
10 wwh
11 RubarbCommando
12 jmh
13 belM
14 Bingley
15 W'ON
16 Bean
17 maverick
18 consuelo
19 Ted Remington
20 caradea
21 hev
22 musick
23 Sparteye
24 stales
25 The Fallable Fiend
26 Wordwind
27 Flatlander
28 belligerentyouth
29 Fiberbabe
30 GallantTed

and that's not even complete.

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
What the hell is it with you and "factual support"? Try to follow this sequence of events: You post something. It pisses me off.

Bean, I simply am asking what it is that I said that is in anyway improper, and ought reasonably to "piss you off".

Surely you don't believe that when you (or anyone else) calls me (or anyone else) names, I am not entitled to disagree, provided I disagree politely? I would think that's that's an elementary principle of rational discussion -- please correct me if I'm wrong on that -- and I simply ask you where IYHO I violated it.

What do you think we have, a little Keiva-diary listing all the times you've annoyed us?
Bean, if you have a good reason for being annoyed -- as opposed to personal animus -- then how difficult could it be to LIU?

[Edit: Jazzo, am sending you a PM.]

#64386 04/11/02 06:12 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Cheers, mate.

Thanks for the warm welcome Max, and for all who have pm'd - hope I have nearly replied to all now, but if not I'll do a complete public display of the private correspondence at the weekend ;)

The strange aberrations over unopenable threads continues with other variations thrown in as well – can it really be cookies in a new Windows XP installation?! Ugh. Oh, btw, it’s interesting how different the appearance of this site is on this posh little TFT monitor – colo(u)r rendition seems quite markedly changed, but hey, it’s probably still some cranky corners of this mountain of new software I am struggling to come to terms with!

Since, as you note, I seem to have stepped back in time to another lawyer-inspired flame war, can I just share the thought with everyone that like a cocktail party, the only way out is to ignore the guest you find offensive. Or have you all struggled to do that and it *still goes on and on, through the thousands of posts I have not yet read!?

#64387 04/11/02 07:34 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Welcome back Mav. Hope your flak jacket, helmet and gas mask are in good order. There's shrapnel and a foul smell in I&A these days ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#64388 04/11/02 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
welcome back, mav! amazing about the unopenable threads ~ perhaps you should search the treeware for reference to an autorunning IMG* filter... and then send me the applicable .exe and .dlls so that i can install it once again enjoy the board.

re your cocktail party reference, just put it into this light:

pretend the "guest" in question has peed in the punchbowl.

*supply your own acronym; there're plenty that fit

#64389 04/26/02 01:40 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Connie, a quiet reply to you. I wouldn't bring this up, but for the fact that mav brought it up in his "fastuous git" thread.

You'll recall that on February 19 a rather heavy barrage of f-bombs rained upon my head (spammer thread). By your own statement, the conversation you quote was two days later; the later cannot be the cause or justification of the earlier. Non post hoc, ergo non proper hoc.

In that context, what you quote is pretty clear. I was understandable hurt and offended by the f-bombs, but I had the good sense to talk out my anger with a purported friend, instead of putting it on the board. Wouldn't you say that's a remarkably restrained attitude -- and that it contrasts with those who did vent their anger on the board?

[Aside: Connie, don't you recall that we had agreed months previously, in our conversations, that all we talked about -- your hurts, quite as much as mine -- would be strictly confidential?]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,367
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 581 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith