About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tsuwm Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
So it's come to this, Ken. I'm going to sadly suggest to you that you consider taking your leave of this place, for real this time. Not because it's right or just or all that, but because, finally, it seems obvious that we all just can't get along.

It also seems that your efforts to drum up support for your cause have had quite the opposite effect. So here's an opportunity for all to respond in kind to me should you think that this is an overly harsh reaction. Believe me, I'm not going to argue the point now that I've broached it. I'm not looking to make this a referendum either, so don't feel like you need to chime in again on top of what's been said in the spammin' thread.

I'd just like to see the whole thing get settled.

-

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I agree with you, tsuwm. I never thought it would come to this. AWAD is under threat of losing, at least for me, the quality of the entertaining escape... a haven for serious lexical questions as well as for puns, a refuge for erudite etymology discussions (of the kind that would leave many of our near and dear glassy-eyed, as was brought up in another thread), a forum for learning about speech and ways of folks in other parts of the world... a cyber-land where you can say something and presume your interlocutors are kindred spirits (at least to a certain extent) who won't distort your words beyond all recognition, since we are all fairly intelligent and interested in language or we wouldn't be here in the first place. This forum is too good for such pettiness. And here's an emoticon:

S
S
I too have been saddened by the situation. I agree whole-heartedly with Tsuwm & AnnaStrophic and am putting my reply here. I have decided to read posts until the nonsense starts up and then I will just switch threads immediately.

I have loved this place for learning of words, new ideas, growth and encouragement it offered, but not recently.
I have never minded the difference of opinion because that too is thought-provoking and sometimes fun but what I object to most is the personal attacts in a public forum.
That is not why I am here. I don't care to read any of it when it gets out of hand.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,331
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (A C Bowden, wofahulicodoc), 1,258 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith