Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#53942 01/30/02 01:37 AM
J
old hand
old hand
J
I am proposing an AWAD mascot-- the american porcupine--

but. . but . . .CK said I was the board mascot. . .

#53943 01/30/02 02:23 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Just don't go changin' your name, hear! No Jazzporcupines here. Did you know that porcupines go out on tree limbs to catch a few zzzz's? And, they are the actual culprits of the "deer johns" I posted about on July 4?

#53944 01/30/02 02:31 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
best thing about a jazzoctopus.. is all those arms.. we don't have to fight over him.. he has arms enough for each of us to get a hug.. pretty smart of him, huh?

mind, i'm calling dibs on the first hug..

by way, why dibs.. (continue in a questions about words thread...

#53945 01/30/02 04:55 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No, Jazzo...somehow arquilltect doesn't quite fit. boy, you could say that again! but I couldn't resist...send the Groan Police if you must, I'm definitely guilty!

#53946 01/30/02 04:50 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm confused, Maverick.

You say "draw back from slinging rocks," because of your "genuine concern for the overall harmony." But it looks like you were slinging them a few hours later, and Woodwind (above) sure sounds like some rocks hit him.

"One or more of the leavers may well have simply not understood this forum." Help me understand, please.

#53947 01/31/02 04:02 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Dear Caradea:
I got a "private message" from you, but I hear you copied it to others. Since you wanted to make your side of the story public -- without telling me that -- they should have the chance to hear my answer too.

For those of you who might not have seen Caradea's message, here it is:
--------
hi dickens,
i can see that you feel strongly about the issues being discussed in the "Departure" thread, which you resurrection today... and that's well within your rights. may i, though, suggest that you contact maverick privately with your questions? i can guarantee he won't answer there in Info & Announcements, in large part because *so many of the folks (including most recently Jazzoctopus and BobYoungBalt) have expressed their fervent desire to have this public fighting stop. noone is trying to censor you, least of all me... but please, take it private.

if you choose to take offense to this, i am sorry. but if you intention is honestly to understand the comments made by maverick (or anyone else), i believe you're barking up the wrong tree by seeking to keep that public thread alive.
-------------
My response:

Hey! Since Maverick chose to put his comments to me here where everybody can read them, I don't understand why my answer to him can't be here too. It isn't me who chose to have our talk in public.

And who are these "*so many of the folks" that you say you are speaking for? I'm sure they can speak for themselves, and don't need you to put words into their mouths like you tried to do above. What I'm hearing from them is WAY different from what you say. Here's a sample:
- - - - - - - -
encore, please: From: ___ Received: Mon Jan 28 21:17:16 2002 Dear Dickens: ROTFLMAO Let me hold your coat while you do it again
- - - - - - - -

So Caradea, who made you the official speaker for the board?

#53948 01/31/02 10:46 AM
old hand
old hand
Hey guys - anybody ever heard of a strategy called "divide and conquer"? It's been around a while.

IMHO there are some things best ignored. Leave this thread where it is and go re-read "Your Best Experience" to remind yourself of the true nature of this board.

stales

#53949 01/31/02 12:26 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Welcome back, stales!

Thank you, Caradea and mav, for reminding me that my departure was be a struthionine response to the difficulty. [wink, stales, my Ozian buddy!] Accordingly, you've brought me back. Thank you.

Dickens, don't worry about Caradea. She's an infrequent poster, and doesn't speak for this board.

[/departure]

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Hi Dickens,

I'm sure Caradea wasn't trying to be harsh with you. She is a nice and caring person who, I'm sure, was just trying to help put a disheartening thread to bed. Write to her, you'll see I'm right.

Everybody is important, even infrequent posters Keiva. My feelings would be terribly hurt if I was dismissed so readily.

You were a stranger once with only a few posts to your name. Your voice was important then as it is now. Her voice was also important then, and it is now.

When someone has the ultimate good of the Board at heart they do speak for me - just as Jackie & mav & jazz & so many people have in the past. I honestly believe Cara was trying to help so she spoke for this Board member at least.

K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
enuf, bel

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 676 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith