About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49139 11/30/01 01:07 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
George is gone. I'm devastated. All I can do is play the music and repost my letter from the first scare back in August. "Give us love, give us love, give us peace on Earth..."

Reports tonight are that George Harrison is very close to losing his battle with cancer. This is so hard for me. Not as hard a John, but a lot harder than I thought. All those great songs and memories. I mean, they were The Beatles, man...The Beatles. And here we are, still talking about them like it was still yesterday. And my 17 year old niece just got into their
music with "1" last year...and she loves them, now. I just got her "Abbey Road!" Oh,
God...I just had to put this somewhere. Thanks, George, for everything...your music, the
impact you had on my life and the lives of countless others. The message of love and
peace you spread throughout the world. I know he would probably want us to be more
comfortable with all this...he did write "All Things Must Pass," and the process of
transition is his belief and his message. But it's tough.
Now's the time to play the music...especially "Here Comes The Sun." I'll wipe the tears off
my cheeks, now, and send him my love and my prayers. "Here comes the sun...but I say,
it's all right...."

#49140 11/30/01 03:04 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Dear Heart, it was a wonderful era, wasn't it? Paul's been in the news lately, but I haven't heard anything about Ringo for a long time.

Time does indeed march on. At my son's Quick Recall match
yesterday, there were several questions about things that happened in the 1960's and '70's. And every time the kids didn't know one, we adults would look at each other, thinking, "How could anybody not know that??" It takes a minute to remember that we know it because we lived it, whereas to them, it probably is not much different than learning about WWI or II, etc. Their children may have difficulty remembering what year the attack on the World Trade Center was, and it will be this generation's turn to be astonished.

#49141 11/30/01 07:14 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sad news that George has died. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" has always been my favourite song from the Beatles era, and that was 100% George.

I listened to a solid block of GH songs on BBC2 on my way home tonight. Great stuff. He may be gone, but he won't be forgotten.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#49142 12/01/01 11:14 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
There's grace in their music...another dimension. NPR played tunes throughout the day and I was transported back to very happy times, as I'm sure others were, too.

Farewell, George, wherever you've you gone... And thanks for the music.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,338
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 637 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,544
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith