Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
#47433 11/12/01 08:29 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Ester Ester Ester Ester Esteroides oides oides oides oides anabólicos anabólicos
anabólicos anabólicos anabólicos Los primeros esteroides anabólicos ...

#47434 11/13/01 05:04 PM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
Dear wwh: May I commend to you my new "self-evident truths" only because I am living proof that "rising rank can become an odor problem". One should try to avoid being lynched on one's own thread.
P.S. I seem to be on the horns of a dilemma. If I continue to post, I will eventually become a Pooh-bah myself. Then I shall have only myself to kick around. I wonder, wwh, how you managed to retain your appeal ... without strutting your "allure".

#47435 11/13/01 06:51 PM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
if I post again I will be a four-poster
Polemics, like politics, makes strange bedfellows, tsuwm. I have just now discovered your clever "ri-post" posted before my lamentable "paean". Makes me ashamed I posted it. I am unworthy of your forgiveness, tsuwm, but I ask for it just the same. When I came back here this afternoon to post my "Post Obitum", I wondered which was worse: Pooh-Bahnics or Plu-bonics. Now I have my answer. Its Plu-bonics. I have broken every rule in the book and I am hoisted on my own petard. Plu bids adieu to you, and to all.

#47436 11/13/01 07:16 PM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
Faldage is an im-poster
BTW, Faldage is not an "im-poster", nor even an "un-poster" or a "non-poster". He is a phantom poster ... which makes him a "ghost poster" or a "ghoster" (for short). Adieu, Faldage.

#47437 11/13/01 07:24 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There is no current record for the shortest thread in AWADom

Adieu, Faldage.

I stand by my original post.

#47438 11/13/01 07:32 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
To all bill posters, I say "Defence d'afficher ici." Faldage is not an imposter, he just marches to a distant drummer. So, plutarch, down omegatists, up alphatists. I am eager to be a betatist.

#47439 11/13/01 09:32 PM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
I am eager to be a betatist.
And I am eager to become a pacifist, wwh. I have no idea what "stand" Faldage is taking, but I have offered no offence to him, nor he to me. Of this I am sure, wwh. One stand both he and I can agree on is that we have had a plague of bubonics of every description around here. And the thread is worse for the wear of it. I cannot pay Faldage a false compliment, but I cannot criticize him falsely either. For I know him only by his original blank post - which was surely outstanding - together with his "stand" on that "stand" (which, for all I know, remains outstanding). In any case, nothing I have ever posted was intended to reflect on Faldage personally. I'm truly sorry if he thought otherwise.

#47440 11/14/01 08:16 AM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
The very long threads become an annoyance to flatliners because they start to take a prohibitively long amonut of time to load. I haven't done any great studies but I suspect that this might be alleviated by having fewer posts per page.
Dear Faldage: I have been trying to understand how or why, you and I, who have never communicated, seem to have mis-communciated so miserably. I can only imagine that it has to do with "flat-lining". Please believe me that until you brought this issue to my attention, it was pretty much "beneath the radar", if you know what I mean. In any case, it is my hope that our relationship will not be flat-lined over a "flat-line" which I can state, quite flatly, is not "my line". If there is anything I can do to open up the lines of communication, please let me know. In the meantime, may I assure you that I am flatly opposed to any "lines", flat or otherwise, which do not measure up to your expectations. Your last message was blank and my people are operating on the assumption that that state of affairs simply reflected your thinking at that time. I have no doubt that your thinking will crystalize in the fullness of time and I would like to make it crystal clear that I am fully in agreement with any initiative which will help you to crystalize your thinking.

#47441 11/14/01 12:54 PM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
P.S. I have no idea who the Top Bah-nana is, but, please be assured of this. If it is an elective office, I will not stand for it. That is, I will stand in favor of the elective office, but not for the office personally. (Which is not to say that I will stand in favor of you standing for the office. That is really none of my business at this time, altho it may become my business, and the business of every other conscientous voter at the ballot box, but not before.) I do hope we have a thorough understanding here. As I have said, I do not know who the "Top Bah-nana" is (or "Top Bah-nanna", as the case may be), but I know who it isn't. It isn't me because I am not a "Bah-nana" to begin with. Nor do I choose to be. Nor will I stand for it, nor even run on about it if I am nominated. But I can say this, dear Faldage. Whoever the "Top Bah-nana" is, he should be very careful he doesn't slip on his own Bah-nana spiel. (I have heard it said that the road to aBah-mination is paved with good intentions, and it is a very slippery slope ... but please don't take my word on it. There are some things one is better off learning for oneself.)

#47442 11/14/01 05:32 PM
P
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
P
I have one last thing to say, dear Faldage, which I would like to run up the flag-pole for your consideration. It really applies to me more than to you because you haven't really had a lot to say, and I don't have the advantage of knowing your position (nor do I have the position which gives you your advantage). So, here it is, dear Faldage. People with bad manors shouldn't rock the castle.
I am not of the castle born, Faldage, but I do know this. The castle does not belong to the lords, nor even to your humble vassals (like me).

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,331
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 854 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith