My first time using the board, and posted my query in completely the wrong place. My apologies to all for this error of judgement (to coin a phrase!)

At the weekend, we were discussing politics (!) and someone raised the contentious issue of employing a "guest parliament", ie German politicians presiding over UK parliament. This person believed there to be a German loanword which effectively encompassed this concept.

The problem is, nobody could think of the word, so I figured, who better to help than fellow linguaphiles?